Part 2 - Rumor

I walked into the class next morning ready for the lecture, but I was welcomed with people's eyes on me. Each and every student in the class looked at me as I walked in, for a moment I was confused as to why suddenly everyone's attention was on me, I wasn't even popular, I was just a nerd like everyone called me.

As I settled down in my usual place, I remembered what Khushi had said yesterday, it definitely had to be a rumor she had spread about me, now I was more curious to know what she had spread that too so fast that everyone was looking at me like I had committed a huge mistake.

I even heard a few girls who were seated behind me giggling about something, the rest of the guys were looking at me like I had stolen their girlfriend.

"Poor nerd, he doesn't even know that he's being toyed around." One of them whispered.

Okay now I was more than curious to know what it was, so I did something I never thought I could have done.

"What?" I shouted as I looked at all those people staring at me.

"Is it true? How did you do it?" One of the guys walked towards me and sat down beside me, I mean anytime anyone ever talked to me was when they needed help with their homework or something, the rest of the times I was invisible to them.

Now suddenly people were staring at me and trying to talk to me, whatever rumor Khushi had spread was like magic.

"Dude!" I heard my best friend shout, I looked towards the classroom door and saw him standing there looking at me with the exact same expressions as everyone else.

I stood up as Rishabd walked towards me, he grabbed my hand and pulled me along outside, Rishabd and I met when I joined college, he wasn't a nerd like me but I don't know what he saw in me that he approached me for friendship and since then we've been inseparable.

"I am your best friend dude, you dint even care to tell me about it?" He looked at me accusingly.

"What dint I tell you about Rish?" I looked at him curiously and it confusion too.

"You and Khushi! I can't even believe it's real, I mean how is that even possible?" Rishabd looked at me in shock, what was he really talking about? Seriously what was this rumor that had everyone so excited? I couldn't stop wondering.

"Hey nerd, did you get her to your bed yet?" One of the guys stopped and looked at me, I pushed him away and walked away as Rish followed me.

"I have the same question though, since when did you get such kind of fantasies, I always thought you were the kind of a person who doesn't look anywhere else but at books only." Rish laughed.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I turned to look at him angrily.

"Okay stop pretending now, Khushi told everyone in school that you two are together and dating, I mean look at you and look at her, there's no way she's your type of girl." He said.

"What?" I looked at him in shock.

I dint even know what I was more shocked about, her spreading a rumor saying we were dating or Rish saying that she wasn't my type, what was my type if not her? She was the only girl I'd ever looked at that way.

I actually thought she was going to spread some stupid rumor but she even involved herself in it? What was she going to get out of it?

"Oh come on don't act like you know nothing, you both even came from the same school together, I've heard guys talking about her dude, she's got a really bad reputation and she..."

"Enough! I don't want to listen to any of it." I looked at him angrily.

Khushi and I weren't even friends, until our encounter yesterday she dint even know that I existed but then I always protected her, I never tolerated anyone talking shit about her.