Part 18

She leaned closer and closer to me, her eyes were still on my lips and she was continuously biting her lips too, I dint even know what to do.

I shut my eyes as her lips were almost touching mine, I felt my heart beating like it would soon jump out of my chest, it was crazy how one person could make you feel such things wasn't it?

I could feel her breaths, she was so close to me, all I was waiting for were her lips on mine, but it dint seem to be happening. I opened my eyes to look at her and she opened hers at the same time too and looked at me with surprised expressions.

She stepped backwards really quickly as if she herself had no idea what she was about to do.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't trying to give you any wrong hints. It's just that last time I kissed you by mistake, it was such an amazing kiss, and I thought I could do it again, but it's completely wrong." She said as she looked everywhere else but at me.

"Why is it wrong to kiss me Khushi? Why is it okay when you do it with other guys?" I asked.

"Because you love me Arnav. They don't, we just date for fun, to have fun, it's no strings attached, I mean all that means nothing but lust.

But with you, it's not lust, I mean not from your side at least, you love me so sincerely and I don't want to kiss you and make you feel that I would love you or something, I don't even know if I can love a guy.

It's just because I really liked that kiss and I wanted it but I am sorry, I shouldn't have done that, not when I told you I won't be interested in you that way ever, I'm just stupid." She said nervously, as I kept on staring at her.

She was the first girl that I had ever kissed and it was the first ever time, I thought I wouldn't even know how to kiss, but she was telling me she liked it, which meant really a lot to me and knowing that she wanted to kiss me again because she liked it was a cherry on top.

I really wanted to tell her to kiss me, that maybe she could take this as the other casual things she does, but it wasn't the right thing to do, we were friends, I promised her we would remain friends and I wanted her to kiss me only if she liked me or loved me, not because she just wanted to be kissed.

That wasn't me, I dint do things like that and no matter how much I yearned for her to kiss me right now, I wasn't going to tell her to.

"It's okay, I get it." I pretended to smile.

"I'll go check on Anju." She said as she excused herself and quickly rushed out of the room.

I took a shower after she left and changed into my nightwear and then headed downstairs where Khushi and Anju were busy watching TV together.

I sat down beside Anju as she smiled at me and then looked back at the TV, the both of them were watching some girlish series which I found to be quite boring.

"You must be hungry, let me go check is dinner is ready." Khushi said as she stood up suddenly and rushed to the kitchen to check whether the servants had finished cooking dinner.

She walked back in a few seconds smiling brightly.

"Dinner is ready, let's settled at the table, the servants are bringing it." Khushi said, Anju and I nodded as we stood up and headed towards the table, Khushi seemed to be smiling happily all this while making me wonder what was making her so happy.

Just as we had settled, the servants walked to the table in a line, each of them holding something in their hand, they placed everything on the table and walked away leaving us to have dinner.

"So I have a surprise for you." Khushi smiled brightly at Anju.

"What surprise?" She asked excitedly.