Seven

Sonia's POV- March 2019

After the detailed review I had just led, the students in the discussion sections I led no longer looked on the verge of a breakdown.

"Will the exams be graded by the next time we see you?"

I nodded

"Yes, remember that we will not be meeting this upcoming week because your midterms land that day and there is nothing to teach you on" I replied.

I looked around the small classroom.

"Any more questions?" I wondered.

Nothing.

"Then enjoy the rest of your day, good luck on your midterm," I said.

Once they all skedaddled, I wiped the whiteboard clean and made sure the classroom looked the way it had been when I got here at Noon. I zipped closed my backpack, and as I made my way out I bumped into another Graduate Assistant/colleague of mine.

"Hey, Nia!"

"Hey, Zack" I greeted.

He smiled as he set his backpack on the front desk.

"It's so strange seeing you in jeans"

I laughed.

"I can say the same thing" I noted.

Most of us had work/internships right after class, so we dressed for work.

"Did you have any students not in your discussion sections crash the review?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, some of them emailed me and others just showed up" I replied.

I led 2 discussion sections, and each had 10 students, yet today when I passed the sign in sheet I got over 30.

"I'll probably get a few, Tania isn't holding one"

"Of course, she's not" I noted.

She did the bare minimum and then complained about why her students we the ones at the bottom of the class grading curve.

"What questions should I expect to get?"

"A lot on unit conversions," I told him.

He smiled.

"We all went through that struggle"

And those that claimed they didn't were lying.

"When are you taking your credentials exam?"

"A month after graduation" I replied.

"Same, we should study together"

I nodded agreeing with his suggestion.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to meet up with Erin and Damian to study. I'm sure they will not mind if you joined" I told him.

Believe it or not, we were not out for each other.

"That'd be great, let me know and I'll move my schedule to fit it"

"Great, I'll shoot you a text once I see them," I said.

He nodded.

"I'll see you Monday," I told him.

"See you then"

I grabbed my backpack and made my way out. The second I was outside of the library, my phone began vibrating as all the notifications came all at once. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and took a seat in one the benches outside the library. Before I could fully read Alex's texts, I got an incoming call from him.