Chap. 6: Don't Go

(Picture of Drew Taylor Above)

Evan took me back to his place for a while. He still held me and shushed me even though I stopped crying on our way to his place. He kisses my forehead as a fiddle with the buttons on his collar. He takes my hands in his huge ones and kisses them tenderly.
"Are you okay now, Princess?" He says softly to me as he holds me close on the brown leather couch.
"Yeah, I don't know what came over me." I chuckle, blushing madly. "I am such a crybaby."
"You're just sensitive, that's all." Evan pulls a strand of hair out of my face, "There's something I need to ask you."
Curious, I smile happily and wait for him to tell me. He leans in closer so our nose are barely touching and his hand touches my side. God, I could kiss those lips. Or bite them. Either way.
"Would you do my the honor of mov—" Evan gets cut off by the sound of Evan's gorgeous younger brother, Drew.
"Hey Brooke!" Drew waves at me and grins happily. "Evan, the guys are here for the game."
Evan's blue eyes widen and he sits up straighter. "Shit! Today's Tuesday, isn't it?"
"Yeah, forgot again?" Drew sits down next to us, "Derek brought the beer and Craig brought all 10 boxes of pizza."
And I took that as my cue to leave. Drew didn't mean it in that way, in fact, he prefers to talk to me about others guys anyhow. But Evan deserves to have a Bro's Night with just his guy friends. Plus, I don't understand sports anyhow. I get up and start towards the door when Evan catches me before I am able to escape.
"Baby, I can just tell them that it's not a good night." His deep voice gets deeper, making me want to melt.
I shake my head and smile at him. "No, Craig already bought 10 boxes of pizza. Just as long as there's no girls, I'm okay with it."
I stand on my tippy toes and give him a light kiss on the lips. He stares at me worriedly, debating in his mind. I decide for him. When I step outside, I can see the whole crew came. From Craig and Derek to Jason and Will. I wave at them as I walk through the crowd of beefy, tall men. Evan stays close to me as I head to my car.
             "Well, goodnight Baby." I say to him, distracted by the dent I have in my car.
              Evan holds my face as he kisses me tenderly. Hoots and hollers come from the house, making me blush with embarrassment. I bury my face in Evan's shirt and giggle. He swats his hand in their direction.
             "Sweetheart, you don't have to leave. Stay, please." Evan begs me, "There's always room for one more."
              I give him a sassy look. "You can barely fit 5 people on that couch! Plus the two recliners and bar. There is no room for little me."
             "You always have a place on my lap." He is trying to coax me to stay but I am not having it. "Besides, I never asked my question."
            "I don't know any sport. Doesn't matter which one."
            "I can explain it to you." I give him another sassy look.
             "Goodnight, Big Guy." I squeeze his arm once then I get into my car.
              I watch Evan as I drive away. He watches me drive off and part of me wishes that I had stayed. It wouldn't of been fun because it's all locker room talk (sex talk between men) and the guys getting drunk while watching whatever sport. Probably football, knowing Evan. Or is that just on Sunday? I don't know.