Chap. 45: Brooke's Nightmare

(Picture of Brooke above & GIF Below of Evan Holding Brooke as she cries after her nightmare)

Identical, perfect houses. Red door. White picket fence. Freshly mowed lawn. Like looking into a magazine, aml so perfect and bright and sunny. My heart races as I run down that black paved street in horror of it all. I'm searching for Evan. Fear eats at me. I have to get to him.
"Evan!" I call out, "Baby, where are you?!"
Up ahead, I see four figures. As I approach them, I soon begin to realize who it is. My heart breaks. Evan stands at the corner with three of his ex's. The older ones. Bonnie, Jess, and Mindy. They all have their hands on his chest as they stare up at him so longingly. Evan smirks down at them. Their all wearing wedding rings.
"Evan?" I say confused, "What are you doing with them?"
Evan beams down at them so happily. "I just can't decide between the three of them. Bonnie's so beautiful, Jess's laugh, and DAMN! Mindy's an amazing kisser."
My heart tears in two, tears falling down my cheek. "What about me?"
Evan snarls his nose at me, his eyes narrowing. "You? HA! You're just an immature, overemotional child whose looking for attention from a grownup."
I shake my head. "I thought you loved me!"
Evan begins to walk down the sidewalk with his three ex's wrapping around him. I go to run after them but I soon fall through the pavement. It's darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shh, Baby! Wake up." I hear a familiar voice, "Shh, it's okay now."
My eyes heavily open, my vision is blurred. I feel constricted. Hot air blows down my face. Something warm brushes my face as I whine.
"No, no, no!" I softly whine.
"Shh, it's okay Princess." I feel lips brush against my cheek, "It was just a bad dream."
I wipe my eyes with my free hand, looking up to see Evan. His arms are tightly wrapped around me, his body on top of me. He stares at me softly, his hand tenderly on my cheek.
"Evan?" I whisper.
Evan begins to pat my back, lightly bouncing me. I guess to wake me up. I sniff, the tears keep falling as I lightly whine painfully. He begins to talk to me in an annoying, attempt to be soothing, baby voice.
"Baby, quit crying. It's okay. It was just a dream. You're safe, I'm here now." Evan kisses me temple, I put my hand on his muscular chest.
"Evan?" I say softly, my voice breaking. "Oh, Evan!"
I wrap my arms around his neck, crying a river. He continues to pat my back and lightly bounce me. He kisses my temple sweetly, squeezing me like a small teddy bear.
"Princess, what did you dream about?" Even kisses me as he holds me close, laying over my body.
I shake my head at him, not wanting to repeat my nightmare. My greatest fear. But Evan presses on. He lays me completely down on my back, my head on my pillow. He half lays on me, half sits up. Propping an elbow, his hand brushes the hair out of my face.
"Baby, please tell me. I won't let you go to sleep until you tell me." Evan says worriedly, soft and whisper like.
I sniff. "You didn't love me anymore."
Evan gives me that 'Aww' look as if he were looking at a baby or a puppy. He gives me that look, the you're-so-cute look. It hurts.
My voice breaks and tears fall down my face. "You went back to your last three ex's."
"Aww." Evan leans down and kisses the middle of my forehead. "It was just a dream, Princess."
I keep going, along with my tears and broken voice. "And you told me I was too immature and overemotional whinebag with daddy issues."
Evan keeps making that 'aww' expression, his blue eyes wide and soft. His lips form a smile (not showing teeth), he brushes his thumb over my cheek.
"You're nervous about the wedding, Honey." Evan says softly, "It's okay. You're nervous."
"Do you feel that way about me?" I whisper, not raising my voice any higher.
"Shh, Baby, it's—" I cut him off.
"Do you!?" I say firmly.
Evan sighs, looking down at my messy hair. He then looks into my eyes again.
"You're more sensitive than anyone else I've ever met. And you're still silly and inexperienced in ways." Evan says with that 'aww' like face "But that's what I love about you. You're so much more different than anyone else I've met."
Evan knows how to use his words. I sniff and rub my hand up his bare, hairy chest. He pulls another loose strand of hair behind my ear. He pulls away, leaving me shivering from the lack of his body heat. His bedside lamp flips off. Sadly, I begin to turn over when Evan comes right back. He pulls my head into his warm chest. I am surrounded my his body heat. His big, muscular arms wrap protectively around me, my hand on his chest. He wraps his legs around mine and kisses the top of my head slowly. He begins to hum a soft tune, making me smile and giggle before I get super warm and comfy. I close my eyes and listen to Evan's soft hums that eventually turn into soft snores. He snuggles me like this for the rest of the night.