a year and a half

finn's pov
we are in y/h/s because we have a show tonight. "guys i'll be right back" they all nodded as a go signal for me to go outside. i walked around the streets and saw a coffee shop that only had like 3 customers. the place is that bad? i went inside and it was a little bit quiet. there was this group of girls that were laughing and chatting, pretty much that's the only thing i can hear. i can't help but notice the y/h/c hair of the girl that was so familiar. her rosy cheeks that is still the same, the same corduroy jacket that she's been weating eversince i met her, and those boots that i got her as a birthday gift. it was my ex, y/n. i remember the day when we broke up, and it wasn't a good one.

flashback

"i'm sorry ms. l/n but you have to cut it off with mr. wolfhard, it's affecting your career". at this point, y/n was already fuming in anger, and her eyes were already glossy because she can't handle her own anger. according to her agent, it's better if finn and she will break up because she was receiving more hate than him. y/n completely disagree, she was not going to let go the only person she care and love the most. finn's agent as well agree because it turns out that y/n was having mental breakdowns about the hate. finn didn't knew this about her, most of the times y/n would brushit off and lie about it because she didn't want finn to worry. "this is my relationship and i'm the one who should decide" finn was almost at the verge of tears when he said this because it will be hard for him to let her go. it is for the best that they'll break up, only because y/n was not benefiting especially from the media.

y/n went to this coffee shop where there was a few customers, and finn agreed to meet up with her (no it's not the same coffee shop where finn saw y/n). her eyes were puffy and red from all the crying that she had to come to this decision. "hey bub, what's up?"
"finn i want to break up with you". hearing those words made finn's world stop. it's like all he can hear was ringing and he didn't even notice the tear that started to run down on his cheeks. "y/n please i can't let you go, i can't- i- love you and i-" "finn please, it's good for us. it's good for me! hell this is the only time that i've put myself first because i love you, finn" y/n was already crying because she was so hurt, that the thing about 'puttingherself first' even hurts more. "so now this is all about you? goddamnit y/n i also sacrificed my time for you! those sleepless nights that i spent talking to you that you won't even talk about your day that much-"
"oh so you regret it? well i'm sorry if i'm too tired, finn!" y/n cut him off and she was already mad at this point
"n-no i didn't say that, it's just that i'm here, trying t-"
"finn, please. just stop. i think we're done here"
"you're right. i'm sorry"
with that, y/n left finn inside, walking in the pouring rain, crying because the only boy he loved the most, was free. finn stayed inside for a couple of minutes thinking that he shouldn't have sa what he said about him that is the only one making effort in their relationship.
end of flashback

a year and a half passed and finn was still trying to get over her. apparently, singing songs in their concert that reminded him of her made it only worse. finn was always trying his best to fight his tears back on every show that they will have. y/n on the other hand, quit acting and deactivated her social media accounts. she took a break from the media because the drama was too much. she moved back to y/h/s, living with her parents and two older siblings. she tried to date this one guy that her brother told her, and thankfully he was gay because she wasn't really ready to date at all.

y/n's pov
"yeah and he said that he would buy me a bouquet, turns out it's a ring!" y/f/n exclaimed as she showed us her ring that her boyfriend gave her on her birthday. i smiled as i remember the thought when finn gave me this necklace that i'm playing with right now. i miss him a lot, i shouldn't have said those words to him. but i guess he's happy right now with whoever he's with. "y/n?" i shift my head and saw a boy that i haven't seen in a year and a half. my eyes were a little bit glossy because of mixed emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, everything. i hugged him tight and buried my head in his chest, sobbing softly. "shh y/n please don't cry" finn hushed me as he choked in his words, i guess i'm not the only one crying. "i'm sorry, finn. for eveything i-i regret what i said and i w-was hoping of we could s-start again?" i looked up to him and he wiped my tear as i wiped away his. "y/n can we just forget what we said? i love you still and that sounds great baby" i smiled in his response as i peck his lips, tiptoeing so i could reach him. "aww are parents are back together!" y/f/n awed while clapping her hands. "not yet, soon hopefully" we laughed and finn joined with us in the table, catching up to what happened in the past year.

wOW THIS IS LONG JAJSJSNSN HAHAHA