boyish

boyish by the japanese breakfast

˚✧₊⁎         ⁎⁺˳✧༚

the audience clapped and cheered at her performance as she took a minute break to drink water from too much singing. "okay this next song that i'm about to play is not released yet" the fans 'ooh'-ed as well as her best friend finn who is at the front row looking up to her. "do you know that feeling you have when you can't get someone of their mind and all you wanted was that they'd love you?" she asked while tuning her guitar and the crowd shouts a bunch of yes. "this song is all about it" she clears her throat as the crowd howls for 5 seconds and shushes down.

her fingers softly strummed the guitar as she starts to sway her head from side to side.

your boyish reassurance
is not reassuring
and i need it

she closed her eyes and thought of the time finn told her a couple of times she acts boyish. it wasn't that true. she just wasn't fond of doing girly things and wearing girly clothes. finn always assumed that she was boyish. although y/n kept on telling him she's not. he even thought that she was a lesbian which y/n just laughed at. finn was serious though. to finn, it wasn't that much reassuring that she's straight or not at all boyish. she knew that if she hadn't acted that way, finn would be hers. but it was too late. or so she thought.

and all of my devotion
turns violent
if you go to her
don't expect to come home
to me
to me

the day finn told her that he was starting to develop feelings for some girl, she lost it. she couldn't believe that finn found actually a girl for him that he really wants. it was too damn obvious that finn likes the girl. when she found it out, she threw her phone all across the room and cried all night. she couldn't believe that the boy she first loved can't be hers. but of course y/n being y/n, she hid her feelings by supporting her bestfriend. "if she breaks ur heart tho don't come crawlin 2 me wolfhard". finn just laughed at her and thought to himself, "why would i come crawling to you if i know she'll never break my heart?"

i can't get you off
my mind
i can't get you off in general
so here we are we're just two losers
i want you and you want
something more beautiful

y/n sang the words softly while staring at finn's eyes as the playful lights hit his face. some fans noticed that she was staring at finn when singing this part. the band started to join one by one starting with the beat of the drums as she sways her body softly while playing her crystal guitar.

i can't get you off
my mind
you can't get yours off the hostess
watched her lips reserving tables
as my ugly mouth kept running
love me
love me

at the last part of the song she continued to stare at finn as he stared at her in awe. y/n's eyes began to form water in them so twirled around and danced to forget the pain. all she ever wanted was for him to love her back. things can't be what they want her to be because clearly, he wants something more beautiful. and she hadn't realized it from the start. finn wanted something more beautiful. and it was her.