10. Phone

You drove through the streets to Duho's school with the chip in your bag.
When you parked your car right in front of the entrance, you saw Duho walk out of the school with a few guys around him. They were all longer and much older than your little brother.

"What the fuck?" You mumbled and you got out of the car.

The boys gave Duho one by one, a kind of handshake and then they walked the other way.

Duho looked around, searching for you and then saw you leaning against your car.

With a big smile he walked up to you, his small hands around the shoulder straps of his backpack. He almost hopped to you.
He opened his arms for a hug when you didn't do it first but you kept your arm folded and looked at him from head to toe.

"Who are they?" You asked right away and the boy lowered his arms.

Duho shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing. "Just some friends."

You rolled your eyes. "Duho, Idon't mean to be rude, but you never ever had any friends. And suddenly you have like... 8 friends?" You didn't believe that these older boys were his 'friends'.

But you saw that you did hurt your little brother.

"Can we go?" He asked and opened your car. Then he stepped in and crossed his arms.

You pushed yourself from your car and rolled your eyes. "Oh god." You mumbled and walked around your car to sit down on your spot.

"Is that Jacob guy in your new group of friends?" You asked, not yet starting the car.

Duho leaned on his hand and looked out the window without answering.

"Duho?" You asked again.

He sighed hard. "Just drive."

You were shocked by his rude way of
talking. "Excuse me-"

He cut you off and turned his head to you.

"You want to know where he lives? If I give you his address, do you stop asking me all those fucking questions?"

The little boy had changed and his brown eyes looked deeply into yours.

"Fucking"??

You didn't know what to say and looked at him again. "You better wash that damn dirty mouth of yours."
You answered without looking away from him and you saw clearly that he was shocked by your voice.

He pretended like he didn't felt offended, but he certainly was. You knew him better than he thought, and he looked angry out of the window again.

You started the car and drove to his house.

You were hoping that the Jacob guy didn't had that much influence on your little brother.
Duho started to scold and you missed the innocent little boy already.

When you parked in front of his house he immediately got out and walked to his house with big angry steps.

You followed the angry boy to the kitchen.

He picked up a small note and wrote the address on it. Then he gave it you without looking at you and wanted to walk away but you grabbed his arm.

"What time does that party begin?" You asked and looked deeply into his eyes.

The boy was shocked by your question and pulled you to the hall as he closed the door behind you.

Your mother was sleeping in the living room and you felt like she didn't know Duho was leaving that night.