Kids and comfort

Endgame spoilers

Endgame spoilers

Probably not gonna go how you think it's gonna go

Not entirely endgame compliant

—————

—————

—————

I added PeterNed because I can

—————

It took 2 months for Tony to wake up from his coma.

2 weeks after that, he began physical therapy for his injuries.

A few days after that, he started speech therapy for the brain damaged caused by using the infinity stones.

He stayed at the sanctum sanctorum, being cared for by Stephen Strange. Friends and family visited regularly, he even once saw the faces of James Barnes and Steve Rogers, the latter now being grey and old, telling stories of aunt Peggy.

Tony didn't really speak much.

The only times he really did were with his kids (Peter, Morgan, Harley, and Nebula, and of course his AI's), and with Stephen.

He tried not to let it show, but he always enjoyed when Stephen would simply sit and talk with him. The conversations were mostly one sided but neither man minded.

Tony often woke up screaming. It took a while to calm him down and Stephen ended up staying with him most nights.

He visited Natasha's grave often, sitting quietly with Clint or Stephen, sometimes just alone as he reminisced over his late friend.

He missed her. So so much.

—————

Nebula decided to stop by today, her and Tony are in the sanctums sitting room. Tony is carefully trying to help Nebula with her damaged hand, gently pressing against the metal.

"Hurt?" He asks.

"Always."

Tony squints at her.

"I-...yes, it hurts there." Nebula answers. Tony twists Nebulas hand so her palm is facing up, he points towards the screwdriver then to one screw that is holding a panel in place.

"Take off."

Nebula doesn't mind being Tony's hands, aware that Tony is afraid of hurting her due to his poor motor function skill. He had been getting better but he hasn't reached the stage where he can safely perform delicate work.

She unscrews the panel placing her hand back into Tony's, watching him closely.

Despite everything Nebula has done, Tony doesn't care, doesn't treat her differently no matter how stubborn she can be. He treats her like she's important and she wonder if this is what a father daughter relationship should be like. Without the harsh demanding words, no threats when she may fail.

No more pain.

He makes sure she's safe and she actually feels loved.

Hes using his right hand to run his fingers over the wiring, feeling around for any damage. He seems to come across what he's looking for, slipping on his glasses and staring intently at the intricate wiring.

"Needs new wiring. Try- try..um." He bites his lip as he tries to form the words. "Nano- na-"

"Nanobots?" Nebula supplied. He grinned, snapping his finger and pointing at her. "Will help with pain." He said.