Start of a new job{22}

Tris' POV

I ate my cake and went straight to bed, not wanting to cry anymore. Tobias joins me and strokes my back. "Ive just come off the phone with Shauna and she told me that she wants to have you in her apartment tomorrow so that she can so some extra girl stuff before the wedding, are you up for that?" He asks me, "I'll see in the morning okay?" i ask him sleepily. "Yeah okay baby. Now are you going to tell me why you freaked around Eric and why you have been uncontrollably crying?" He asks me bringing me into his lap.

"I just don't know what to think about Eric being my dad."i tell him, gripping onto his shirt, as to contol myself. "You know, I saw some documents in our soon to be office, it had some stuff about DNA what ever that is but, you can test it with a blood sample. Its something that the Erudite have introduced, I can pop in the infirmary room tomorrow if you wanted." He tells me.

"Yeah okay, but first i want to talk to my mom. I need to hear it from her first. Im not going to sleep anytime soon, you stay here and i'll go to Max's office, you need the sleep, sure, i do too but you can last without me. I'll see you later." I tell gim walking out the bedroom, "Be safe Tris. I love gou." He tells me following me and kissing my forhead. "I love you too and i will." I tell him getting a jacket on and leaving.

Once out the door, I stand still taking a deep breath in and put on a fake smile. As happy as I would like to be, I am not and probably won't be for a while.

I walk down the hall and into the pit, making my way to Max's office, soon to be mine and Tobias'. I now know how to get there because of... Eric. Even thinking about him makes me shudder and tear up.

If Eric is my dad, then who was i living with for the first sixteen years of my life?

I knock on the door feebly and Max' familiar voice tell me to come in tiredly. "Hi Max." I say huffing, "You want to call your family again right?" he asks me standing up.

"Thanks Max, this is really important. My childhood is at stake. I may have been living my whole life a lie." I tell him sitting in his chair and dialling number six for abnegation.

"Hi this is Geneva. You have reached abnegation, how can I be of your assistance?" She says, tiredly but trying to sound up to it. "Hey, can I speak to Natalie Prior please?" I ask her. "Yes let me go wake her." she replies.

Within ten minutes my mom is talking to me.

(tris bold Natalie normal)

"Hello, this is Natalie, who's speaking?"

"Mom it's me."

"Oh hey sweetie, how are you?"

"Don't sweetie me." I say coldly.

"Why would you talk to me like that Beatrice?"

"I'm not going to sweet talk you into this I want a straight forward answer. Is Eric my real dad?"

There is a long break down the phone.

"Mom."

"Sweetie I'm so so sorry."

I hang up the phone. That's all I needed to hear.

I run out the door and run into Max. I have tears running down my face, he grabs my arms to steady me. "Go home, sleep it off and come back in the morning. I am going to need help to clean up my office, renevations start tomorrow, anyway you like." he says turning me towards the direction of the stairs to go home. "Thanks Max, i'll hopefully sort myself out by tomorrow." i say walking down the steps and through the pit, down the hallway and then into the flat.

"Im home." I whisper. Tobias comes walking through the door with open arms. "Are you okay? What did she say?" he asks me.

I collapse into his arms, my body taken over with the violent sobs escaping my mouth. He just comforted me over and over again, me crying into his shirt he carried me into the room and places me on my side of the bed and climbs onto his own, on top of the covers and just wraps me in his arms kissing my forehead.

"Max wants us to go design the office tomorrow, if you wanted to go." i tell him.

"I would love to." he replies.

I fall asleep smelling Tobias, the familiar smell of safety.

ོོོོོོོོོོོོོོོོོོ

When I wake up, Tobias was up and in a beautiful black button up and some dark grey skinny jeans. "Come and get dressed into something smartish, we are meeting with an 'interior designer'." he tells me, putting on some kind of posh accent over the words 'interior designer' making me laugh, first time in a few days.

I get changed into the same dress that i wore for abnegation, with a grey tweed womens blazer. Something i bought with Christina, for meetings. Making me look more official.

We walk to the office and sit in the room next door behind a desk, infront of a woman, Clearly from Erudite. She was wearing a pencil skirt, which was sky blue, a white blouse and i dark blue fitted blazer.

She has numerous bits of paper on the table, with atleast 10 pencils and a ruler.

"Hello my name is Cara, I do have a brother here but, I'm here to help design your new office, if you want it redone." She tells us.

We negotiate room designs for atleast an hour, untill we are happy with what we have, we also asked Max if he liked it, and he did so that was good.

Before we leave, i ask Cara who her brother was. "Will, do you know him?" she asks. "Yeah! He is like one of my bestfriends." i exclaim. "Well tell him i miss him for me." She tells me. "Oh i will." i reply shaking her hand. "Thank you." Tobias also shakes her hand, then we leave and i go to Shauna's. He collects Zeke and leaves, probably to go to the bar or something.

"Shaun, as much as i love pampering, i would really like to go and get the bridesmaids dresses. I have one in mind and only one. I would like you to try it on with Chris and Mar. Im going to try to get Lynn to wear one as well." i tell her. She laughs and nods.

We collect the girls and go to the shop. I pick up four of the dresses i like and walk over to the changing stations.

"okay girls, here they are. Bearing in mind, these are the only dresses i like in here. So pressures on." i say. They try them on then walk out smiling. Even Lynn.

"We have found our dresses." Chris says.

A/N

hollllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy molyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i got to 10k reads! i only started writing like 2-3 months ago, it feels amazing.

Thank you and i love you all

~Ali~xxx