Tension...{34}

Tris' POV

"Hello mom." I say sitting up a little. "Hey baby are you okay?" She asks.

"Don't." I say looking away.

"Don't what?" She asks dumbfounded

"I only wanted you here so I could tell you what's going on and I'm sure Eric probably already has so if you need to go feel free to." I say as Tobias comes over and sits next to me and a chair.

"He's your Father Tris." She says pleadingly.

"I'm fully aware of that but I'm much happier when I'm just with him rather than you being here too. You have lied to me my entire childhood! What could give you the idea to lie to me when all I wanted was a family who would love me which you clearly didn't." I say angry and tears falling down my face.

"Tris I-" "Natalie I think it's time for you to go. Tris is unwell and she cannot get stressed or worked up right now." Tobias cuts in sternly.

"Wait." I stop him from making her leave. "Why did you lie to me? Who was I living with for the majority of my life?" I say with my teeth gritted.

"He's not a good man. He will only hurt you and your gorgeous family if I tell you who he is." She says and turns to leave. "Stay brave my beautiful baby girl." She says rushing back over and kissing my head. As she walks out the door. "I love you mom. I always will no matter how much shit you put me through." I say.

She smiles sadly "I love you more than words can describe." She says and walks out.

Tears just seem to stream down my face and Tobias comes over to my bed and crushed my face on his chest in effort to comfort me. "She's gone." I say to him.

"Not forever baby. I need you to stay strong for our little Tori. If your upset she might get upset too." He says in my ear.

I nod and sit up straight. A nurse comes in and takes my plate then comes back with a doctor. "Hello umm.. Six. I just need to check how far you are along. So could you bend your knees up and spread your legs please?" He says putting some gloves on.

"What?! Why!" I ask clutching Tobias' hand. "It's just to see how far you are into labour or not." He says.

I nod and follow his instructions but I just keep my eyes directed at four and Eric is stood next to him. Me not wanting him to see me down below.

He pops his head up and puts my legs down and pulls his gloves off. "Well on a good note, this baby doesn't want to come at the moment but don't let that make you think she is safe in your stomach right now." He says filling in some bits on a clipboard.

"Way to be fucking blunt." Tobias says to the doctor. He was clearly affected by the language but didn't say anything not wanting to piss Four off anymore. He left as did the nurse.

"I'm just going to take a nap. Ive been awake for like 3hours and no lie I'm so exhausted." I say. "Okay." Four says pulling he cover over me.

• • • • • • • • •

When I wake up Four is stood at the door facing away talking to someone. Eric isn't in the room, I assume he is either in the bathroom or he went back to dauntless.

"Four?!" I question. He turns "yeah?" He asks. "Who are you talking too?" I ask.

"The guard for the hospital." He replies and laughs as he turns around.

"See you later mate." He says as the guard walks off.

He walks further into the room and sits on the little couch provided. "Come cuddle with me." I pout. He gets up and carefully moves me to the side of the bed just against the bars keeping me from falling. He hops over the bar on his side and makes the bed wobble and nearly causes me to bounce out.

I chuckle as he struggles to find a way to make him comfy. "You alright there?" I say laughing. "Yeah now I am." He replies with a cheesy grin on.

"What time is it?" I ask. "About six I could get someone to get us some dinner if you would like?" I nod "yeah I would like that. Could I have a burger with cake and some water please?" I ask smiling. "I'll see what we can do." He replies and gets off the bed to find someone.

All I can think about is that it's my fault my baby is unsafe. I don't know what happened but I'm sure it's my fault. Fuck this life. My poor baby girl is suffering right now and it's my fucking fault.

A/N
Another chapter done. Sorry it's depressing and pretty shit tbf...
I'm failing in school.
I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL
~Ali~xxx