One.

5 years later— April 8, 2024

Dejah
A year after Kaarim was born I went back to school to get my real estate license and I opened up my own real estate agency which is doing great. Kairi is now 7 and Kaarim is 5 and they both love each other very much. Me and Dave have been married for four years almost five and things between us have been rocky lately. I don't know where we stand we don't talk nor sleep in the same bed and I no longer wear my wedding ring.

"Mama can I have some more juice please," Kaarim asked.

"Kai can you give Rim so more orange juice for me."

"Yes ma'am."

"Thank you baby," I asked as I packed their lunches.

"Thank you Kai."

"You're welcome."

"Good morning," Dave spoke as he walked in the kitchen.

"Good morning daddy," Kai and Rim spoke.

"Good morning Dave."

"Morning."

I zipped up the kids lunch boxes then I grabbed their bookbags.

"Alright you two it's time to head to school have a good day."

"We will," they spoke.

They got down from the stools I handed them their bookbags and lunch boxes and kissed both of them.

"I love you both."

"We love you too."

"Okay bye babies."

"Bye mama," they both spoke.

"Alright let's ride," Dave spoke.

They walked out of the kitchen and I gathered their plates and cleaned them off before placing them in the dishwasher. I did the same thing for the pots and pans. I placed the Apple juice in the refrigerator and cleaned off the countertops. I made my way upstairs to my room I walked into the closet I grabbed my outfit that I was wearing to work along with my heels and attaché case. I walked out of the closet laying everything on the bed then I made my way into the bathroom.

Once I was showered and did my hygiene I walked out of the bathroom seeing Dave sitting on the bed I proceeded to get dressed.

"Can we talk?"

"Now you want to talk."

"Yes."

I chuckled.

"There's nothing to talk about Dave you want a divorce fine with me."

"I'm sorry."

"Sure you are."

I sat down on the bed and put my heels on Dave stood up and walked in front of me I looked up.

"I'm serious Dee I'm sorry."

"Okay."

I walked around Dave and walked over to the vanity mirror I brushed my hair then I put some lipstick on.

"What time you get off work?"

"6:00."

"Okay I'm going to have my mama watch the kids so we can talk."

"Alright."

I walked back over to the bed and grabbed my attaché case along with my purse, phone and keys. Dave grabbed my hand and I looked at him.

"I'm sorry honestly Dee."

"I don't want to talk about it right now I have to go work."

"Are you getting the kids or me?"

"I am I'm sure you'll be busy in the studio or boarding your jet to do a show."

"We're about to talk about this now and get it out of the way."

"No we're not I have to go to work."

"We haven't slept in the same bed for two weeks."

"And who's fault is that Dave? You told me that you marrying me was a mistake a fucking mistake that shit hurts. All I wanted from you was to let me know what cities you have shows in and to call me and let me know that you're safe which you was doing so far but then you stopped maybe it's another bitch and if that's the case she can have you."

And with that I walked out of the room going down the stairs soon I heard Dave feet coming down the stairs behind me I rolled my eyes.

Dave
I followed behind Dee she was about to open the door but I closed it.

"I'm not cheating on you Dee," she scoffed.

"Yeah right."

I turned Dee towards me making her look me in the eyes and I finally seen the hurt and that shit broke me.

"I'm sorry baby I didn't mean anything I said to you marrying you wasn't a mistake."

"All I wanted from you was communication Dave that's it but instead we get into a heated argument and you say some shit like that now if you excuse me I have to go to work."

Dee moved my hand off of the door and opened it walking out. I sighed and called up Bully telling him to come over.

About 15 minutes later Bully walked into the living room.

"Damn nigga why you look like someone died."

"Me and Dee haven't been doing good lately."

"I told your ass to tell her about the show and you didn't let me guess when you came home she flipped out on you."

"And what your hotheaded ass say?"

"That marrying her was a mistake which it wasn't I was just saying it out of anger and emotions."

"You and I both know that's not the way you should've reacted."

"Yeah I know and it's been 2 weeks I tried talking to Dee before she left but she wasn't hearing me."

"Nigga your ass gotta make it up to her besides saying I'm sorry and I'm not talking about with gifts lil nigga."

"Okay."

"You know what to do."

"Yeah I do."

"The last thing you want is to let this between you and Dee tear you two apart and y'all get a divorce."

"It'll be a cold day in hell before I sign some divorce papers."

"Then get it together lil nigga you got kids who are watching you and Dee."

"You're right."

"I know I am."

"Ima head out and get back home and clean up the house."

"Alright."

I walked Bully to the door and we dapped he walked out I turned and locked the door. Since I didn't have anything to do I decided to do what Bully do which is clean the house then In going to make reservations to Dee favorite restaurant tonight. I unlocked my phone and searched for a floral shop I placed my order and told them to deliver the roses to Brewster Reality.