Twenty-Eight

Dave
We pulled up to Kairi condo and we all got out I locked my Range Rover doors we walked up to Kairi condo building and walked in. We walked over to the elevator and stepped on Kairi presses the 8th floor and the doors closed and the elevator started moving. I knew this day was coming and still I'm not mentally prepared to let my baby girl go. The elevator stopped on the 8th floor and we got off and walked towards Kairi condo. She turned and unlocked the door and we walked in Kairi turned on the lights.

"Woah Kai this condo is nice," Kaarim spoke.

"Yeah it is," Kaleena spoke.

"Once you get settled can we come and stay whenever we want to," East asked.

"Absolutely."

"Daddy can we talk?"

"Sure wassup," I asked.

Kairi lead me over to the kitchen.

"You've been quiet since the movers came this morning. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Nah it's something I know it is."

I let out a sigh.

"I'm not ready for you to move out yet."

"Aww daddy."

"I'm serious Kai I know I joke on y'all about moving out when y'all turn 18 but I wasn't serious."

"I know daddy but I'm ready to have some real responsibilities and be able to take care of myself without you and mama help."

"Okay babygirl but if it gets to much for you your old room will always be your old room."

"Yes sir."

"You're concerned about me when you need to be concerned about your mama."

We walked out of the kitchen seeing Dejah wiping her eyes.

"You okay mama," Kairi asked.

"Yes," she sniffed.

"We're not going to hold you up any longer babygirl we're going to head on out."

"Yes sir."

I hugged Kairi then Kaarim, East and Kaleena hugged Kairi letting Dejah hug Kairi last. I chuckled as Kairi rubbed Dejah back as she cried.

Dejah is definitely going to cry a lot harder when Kaarim go off to college next year cause he's her first biological born. Then she's going to cry when Kaleena goes off to college and lastly when East go off to college.

Once Dejah was done hugging and crying with Kairi we all walked out of her condo she closed and locked the door behind us. I wrapped my arm around Dejah.

"You're okay baby?"

"Yeah."

I kissed her forehead.

We walked out of the building and over to my Range Rover I unlocked my doors and helped Dejah in then I got in and closed the door once everyone had their seatbelts on I pulled out of the building parking lot heading towards the house.

Kairi
I turned on my tv going to Hulu when my doorbell rung figuring that Kaarim stayed back to stay with me for a whole I walked over to the door and unlocked it seeing Justin holding roses.

"Hey Justin."

"Hey Kairi these are for you," Justin held up the roses.

"Thank you come in."

I stepped aside letting Justin in he closed the door behind him.

"How did you get in without the code?"

"I helped out an elderly woman and caught the door before it closed."

"Oh okay."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the vase I picked up earlier. I walked over to the sink and turned it on filling the vase up with water then I placed the roses in my vase.

"Do you have everything moved in?"

"Yeah my dad hired movers for me this morning and they moved everything this morning."

"Oh okay."

"How long have you been here?"

"Officially by myself 10 minutes."

"Oh okay."

We walked out of the kitchen going back into the living room and sat down.

"If you want time to yourself I can leave."

"Nah Justin you're good Ima go pop some popcorn for us and you pick a movie?"

"No you're going to pick a movie and I'm going to go pop the popcorn you relax beautiful."

"O-okay."

Justin smiled then he kissed my forehead and walked into the kitchen I grabbed my remote and started going through Hulu looking for a movie to watch if I don't find anything that I want to watch on her I'm going to Netflix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dejah
There was a knock on my office door then Kaleena walked in she closed the door behind her.

"Hey mama."

"Hey baby girl."

"So I know I have a long way to go before I graduate highschool but I want to talk to you about what college I should go to."

"An HBCU."

"What's an HBCU?"

I stopped typing on my desktop and looked up at Kaleena.

"You don't know what an HBCU is?"

"No ma'am."

I let out a sigh myself and Dave been so wrapped up with getting Kairi moved and settled into her new life without us and preparing Kaarim for his senior year and choosing a college after he graduate highschool we practically neglected our youngest two children.

"Well baby an HBCU is a college or university that was originally founded to educate students of African-American descent."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry that me and daddy haven't taken out time to teach you and East about our culture."

"It's fine mama."

"No it's not Leena with everything that's going on in the world you and East need to be aware of what's going on and more about our culture despite what the school is teaching the both of."

"Wait what we're learning is wrong?"

"It's more to what you guys are learning in school and once I finish up in here me and your daddy will start educating you and East more about our culture."

"Yes ma'am."

"While I'm working you can google the top HBCUs in the states and do your research on each one."

"Yes ma'am."

Kaleena walked out of my room and closed the door behind her and I went back to going over my real estate agency finances for the month and the goal we have for the next two months.