Forty-Four

1 year later—September 29, 2029

Kairi
It's finally my wedding day and honestly I've been a nervous wreck. There was a knock at my door and my mama walked in and I smiled weakly at her.

"Baby girl what's wrong?"

"Nothing mama."

"Kai it's me that you're talking to I know when something is wrong with my girls."

I sighed.

"I'm nervous and scared mama."

"Why?"

"What if Justin leave me at the alter in front of everyone?"

"He's not he love you too much to even think about doing so I remember when he first asked your daddy and I to date you he was a nervous wreck and was stumbling over his words."

I chuckled.

"That's because he was scared of daddy."

"What if I fall in front of everyone?"

"Babygirl you're not just take a couple deep breaths and erase everyone from your mind the only people you're going to see is Justin and Pastor Miles."

"Okay."

"Everything is going to go smooth."

"Okay thank you mama."

"You're welcome."

"How was you on your wedding day?"

"I was excited and had problems with getting you dressed."

"Me," I asked.

"Yes you chile you was running all over the room and wouldn't let me get you dressed for a while but I finally caught you."

"Oh wow."

"You was just excited as I was because that day you was ready to put on your dress."

"Please tell me that I didn't have a fit when I couldn't wear my dress?"

"Oh you did."

I shook my head.

"You didn't understand why you couldn't wear it but eventually you got over it."

"I wonder how Justin is doing."

"Probably being cool."

I nodded then my mama walked over to the door to let my makeup and hairstylist in.

Dave
I've been trying to get Justin to calm down for the past thirty minutes.

"Justin calm down."

"I can't calm down what if Kairi don't want to marry me what if she changes her mind."

"Kairi isn't going to change her mind she loves you Justin everyone in here knows that."

"Right," Kaarim spoke.

"I need to see her."

"Nah what you need to do is take a shot and calm down," Kaarim spoke as he walked over with three shot glasses.

"Y'all doing shots without me," Bully asked.

"Didn't think you was coming until the ceremony start," I spoke.

"Have all lost track of time?"

I checked the time seeing that it is time for the guests to arrive.

"Nah just been trying to get Justin calm down uncle Bull."

"Wedding nerves."

"Yep."