Thirty-One

Hours later

Dave
I pulled up to the house I glanced over seeing Dejah knocked out I thanked Allah once again. I pressed the button to open the garage once it was open I drove in and closed it back shutting my Maybach off. I ended up sending Kairi back home and I told Bully to bring me my Maybach. I got out and unlocked the house door and opened it I walked over to the passenger side and opened the door I unstrapped the seatbelt from around Dejah and picked her up she immediately opened her eyes.

"Why you didn't wake me up?"

"For what I got you."

"Dave no."

I ignored Dejah and closed the passenger door with my foot and made my way inside of the house I then closed the door and turned around to lock it.

"Seriously babe put me down."

"Nope."

Dejah sighed we walked into the living room causing my mama to sit up and look at us I sat Dejah next to her and she immediately hugged Dejah.

"You had us worried."

"I'm not going anywhere mama."

They pulled apart and I took off Dejah shoes.

"You need anything?"

"No baby I'm fine."

"Okay just let me know if you need anything."

"I will."

"Have you two heard anything from the police?"

"No ma'am not yet."

"How's Kairi?"

"She's good I sent her back to her house."

"Oh okay."

The doorbell rung I walked over to the door I unlocked the door seeing Kairi I stepped aside and let her in. I closed and locked the door back and we walked into the living room.

"Mama do you need anything?"

"No baby I'm good."

"Okay."

"Kai I thought I sent you home."

"You did but I came to have dinner with y'all."

"Okay."

We heard footsteps coming down the stairs and soon Kaarim, Kaleena and East came into the living room they was about to bombard Dejah when I stopped them.

"Hug her one at a time and be careful."

"Yes sir," they all spoke.

I watched as they all hugged Dejah one at a time then they all sat around her. My phone rung I pulled it out of my pocket and I answered the call walking away a little. After talking with the captain at NYPD I hung up the phone and walked back into the living room.

"Who was that baby?"

"The captain at NYPD."

"What he say?"

"Millie confessed to what she did and you don't have to worry about going to court."

"That's good."

"She's going to be getting sentenced soon so I'm going to go to see how many years she get."

"She should get life."

"Right."

"Babe what do you have a taste for?"

"Salmon."