Eight

Kairi in m/m

That afternoon

Kairi
Me and Brittany was standing next to each other as we waited on our parents to come and get us.

"Kai I just want to say thank you."

"For what?"

"For helping me with reading and helping me practicing with talking in front of others as well as working math problems."

Instead of going to recess with the rest of the class me and Brittany stayed back with Mrs. Hill to work on her reading, talking in front of others and working math problems on the board.

"It's no problem Brit."

"Hey Kairi and Brittany," we both turned seeing Maurice and Christin.

"Hey Maurice and Christin."

"You look pretty today Kairi not saying that you don't look pretty everyday," Christin spoke.

"Thanks Christin."

I looked around for Kaarim seeing him with his friends.

"You're welcome."

"CHANEL," I heard my daddy call out.

I turned back around seeing my daddy Rolls Royce with the windows down and his face wasn't happy at all.

"I have to go."

"Bye Kai."

"Bye Brit."

We hugged.

"Bye Kairi."

"Bye Christin."

Kaarim walked over to me and we started walking towards our daddy car.

"Who was that you was talking to?"

"Christin he's in my class."

"He like you or something?"

"I don't think so Rim."

"It better stay that way."

I didn't say anything my daddy got out and opened the passenger door for me I thanked him and got in. I took my book bag off and placed it on the floor then I put my seatbelt on. My daddy and Kaarim got in.

"Who was that you was talking to?"

"Christin is my classmate daddy he's in my class."

"Do he like you or sumn?"

"I don't think so daddy."

"Good it better stay that way."

"Told her that dad."

"Good."

"Rim don't forget that I'm the oldest."

"I know that Kai but as your brother it's my job to protect you when dad isn't around."

"That's right mini me."

"Where's mama?"

"At the house sleep."