Twenty-Three

10 years later— March 9, 2035

Kairi in m/m

Kairi
I made my way downstairs with my bookbag and purse I walked into the kitchen seeing my parents hugged up kissing I rolled my eyes and went in the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water I opened it and drunk some I closed the refrigerator door back and walked over to the stove I sat my water bottle down and went in the cabinet and grabbed a plate down I got started on fixing my plate.

"Good morning Kairi."

"Morning," I spoke.

Once I finished fixing my plate I went in the cabinet drawer and grabbed my spoon I closed the drawer back and grabbed my bottle of water and walked over to the island counter and sat down.

"What's wrong with you," my dad spoke.

"Nothing."

"You sure."

"Mhmm."

Kaarim walked in smiling with a gift bag.

"Happy birthday Kai," Kaarim handed me the bag.

"Thanks little bro."

I took the gift bag from him and hugged him.

"You're welcome."

"Happy Birthday Kai," my parents spoke.

"Thanks."

I said a prayer and began eating my food.

"Where's Leena and East?"

"They're gone to school already Rim."

Kaarim nodded and got started on fixing his plate.

"Kairi you did you hand out all of your invitations?"

"Yep."

"Are you going to give us just one word answers?"

"Yep."

"You still mad about your car?"

"Mama you and daddy took my car away from me last week and I've been riding with the both of you since then I haven't did anything wrong."

"We have our reason for doing so."

"And what is that reason I didn't do anything."

I looked between the both of my parents they didn't say anything. I dropped my spoon and pushed my plate away I grabbed my bottle of water along with my gift bag and bookbag along with my purse.

"Thanks for the gift Rim see you when I get out of school."

"I lost my appetite see y'all later."

I walked out of the kitchen and started texting Brittany telling her to come and pick me up.

"Kairi how are you going to get to school," my mama asked.

"Brittany is coming to get me," I spoke back.

I walked over to the door and walked out closing it behind me. 

"Kai-," my dad off.

"I'll wait on Brittany at the gate."

I walked off going down the driveway my phone dinged I looked down seeing Brittany telling me that she's five minutes away.

I have never disrespected my parents in any way I'm not a bad teen at all they gifted me with my first car last year for my 16th birthday then for some unknown reason they took my car a week ago and I've been having to ride with either my mom or dad since then but that stops today for now I'll be riding with Brittany. My 17th birthday is already starting off wrong. Brittany pulled up I opened the gate from my phone the gate opened I walked out and closed the gate back. I walked over to Brittany car and got in I closed the door then we hugged.

"So did they say why they took your car?"

"Nope I'm over it they can keep it though."

Brittany nodded as she drove off. I'm not a spoiled brat I wasn't even expecting a car for my 16th birthday but my parents surprised me with it then a year and a week later they take my car from my first car and I didn't do anything wrong I can understand if I did anything wrong but I didn't.

Dave
Kaarim finished up his breakfast and he made his way upstairs to rebrush is teeth.

"Dave we gotta stop playing with Kai before she be mad at us for the rest of her life."

"It's not going to be ready until this afternoon."

"You told me this morning."

"I know baby but Will called me yesterday evening while I was cooking and told me that it wasn't going to be ready until this afternoon at 2:00."

"You sure?"

"Yes Will even text me this morning and confirmed the time again."

"Okay can't believe I went along with you and my baby is upset with me too."

"She'll get over it once she see her new car."

"You better pray that she cause if she don't I'm fixing our relationship and you're going to be on your own."

"She's going to love her new car."

"Dad I'm ready," Kaarim spoke as he walked in the kitchen.

"Okay let's roll."

"Bye mama see you later."

Kaarim kissed Dejah cheek.

"Bye baby have a good day."

"I will."

Kairi just turned 17, Kaarim is 14, Kaleena is 10 and lastly Dave Jr. also known as lil East or East is 8.

"Dad you driving the Rover?"

"Yep."

Kaarim nodded and I unlocked the doors and tosses Kaarim the keys.

"Why you tossed me the keys?"

"You're going for your permit soon so it's only right for you to drive cause once you get then you're driving back."

"Does mama know about this?"

"She do."

Kaarim nodded he opened the back door and sat his backpack in the backseat I got in the passenger seat and let the seat back some.

"Adjust the seat to your height."

Kaarim nodded Kaarim is almost 5'9 so it won't be long before he'll be 6ft. Kairi is 5'5 so she's not that taller than Dejah. I believe that my boys are going to be tall like me and my girls are probably going to be around Dejah height or a lil taller than Dejah like Kairi.

I taught Kairi how to drive at 14 now it's Kaarim time when Kaleena, and East gets 14 they'll learn how to drive too cause once they turn 15 they're getting their permit.

I know soon me and Dejah are going to have to sit down with Kaarim and have the y'all because he's going to have questions and the girls should be flocking him if they haven't already. Kairi done had the talk already because one night she caught me and Dejah cause I forgot to lock our room door well really she was supposed to be staying the night at Brittany house cause we sent the kids to go stay the night with their friends one night and Kairi forgot her laptop charger and she heard us and walked in on us. So since that night we lock our door when they're aren't at the house when they're at the house our door is locked.