FORTY NINE: Question

Julia

There was a moment of silence. I wonder what their thoughts are.

"At bakit ngayon mo lang 'to sinabi saamin, Julia? Seryoso ka ba doon?" Caitlyn asked, still shocked.

"Oh my gosh! So that means, that all of our what-ifs really happened?" Sabi ni Hana. I just nodded.

"Care to share the whole story? I just can't imagine na posible 'tong mangyari. And I'm really pissed right now." Sabi ni Caitlyn.

"Naalala mo noong nasa Hongkong tayo?" I asked Caitlyn, she just stared at me.

"Nag-usap kami sa rooftop, not knowing that it's the end of our story. Everything happened in just a snap, it was so unexpected and yet it hurts so much. It hurts so much saying goodbye to the person that you want to be on your side always." I said, feeling those mixed emotions again.

It was a great nightmare for me. And the pain that it caused me is still fresh.

"At first, after the night that my party happened, I can sense that there's something wrong from the moment that I saw him sa elevator. He's...pushing me to admit to myself that I still love my ex-boyfriend. Yes, I dreamt of him, but it's just a dream. Mas nag base kasi siya sa panaginip na 'yun kaysa sa totoong nararamdaman ko sa kaniya."

"Eh diba, sabi nila, when you dream about a specific person, then that means that you're thinking of that person, diba?" Sabi ni Caitlyn.

"Yes, that's right. I admit, I reminisced our memories in the past just because of that Blue Moon restaurant kung saan kami nag dinner ni Zach, where he planned the surprise. Azreel owned that resto and that's where he left me, too. Yung resto niya here in our country." I explained.

It's funny how jealous Zachary was when he saw us hugging each other. I mean, yes, I understand him. Pero sumusobra naman ata. Sa sobrang pagseselos niya noon, it makes me feel that I am not worthy of his trust.

And, napag-usapan naman namin 'yun noon after nung pageant. We settled things straight that's why I thought that it would be fine with him kapag nakikita niya si Azreel.

Tsaka, ano palang karapatan niyang magselos if he already cheated on me? If I would compare what Azreel and I did to what they did, obvious naman kung ano yung mas malala.

"Okay, I'm just asking for clarifications, I'm not saying that you're still into Azreel that time." Caitlyn said, I just nodded.

"Then after that, ayun, he said that he's leaving the country, and he's gonna live with that woman that he chose. He's gonna live with her because she's pregnant." I said then I closed my eyes, trying not to imagine how messed and pitiful I was when he's slowly saying those words that kills my feelings like a bullet.

"He said those words tapos iniwan ka nalang?! That's really unfair!" Hana exclaimed.

"All I can say is, once a cheater, always a cheater." Sabi naman ni Caitlyn. Yeah, that's already proven and tested.

"As in after noon, goodbye na talaga? Wala man lang formal closure?" Hana asked. Oh, right.

I shook my head. "None. Kasi ako rin mismo, gusto na siyang umalis. Yung presence niya kasi...higit pa sa sapat para masaktan ako ng sobra. Tsaka, do you think na maiisip ko pa ba na magkaroon ng maayos na closure?" Sabi ko.

Wala mang maayos na closure, malinaw naman saming dalawa na that's already the end.

"So...it's been seven months, if ever na umuwi siya dito, kakausapin mo ba?" Caitlyn asked. That's the question and the reality that I don't wanna face.