FIFTY ONE: Is this the end?

Julia

"Are you going in or not?" I asked, sounding so pissed. Well in fact, I don't know how to feel.

He's really here in the Philippines. And the worst part of it, he's really here beside me.

Why should we always deal with the elevator? Like, is this some kind of bad luck? Because if it is, I will sue every elevator that I'm gonna see.

No one's talking. And for the nth time, I really hate this kind of silence. It's killing me. In short, he's killing me. I think his presence will be the cause of my death.

But, why am I affected? Oh. Maybe it's because it feels like it's the first time seeing him...again. Ang tagal din.

"Musta?" I felt like I have to ask him this, for lesser tension.

"I'm fine." He simply said. We both have eyes on the door, looking at each other's reflection. And it sucks because Kara said that we'll have our dinner at the rooftop. Nice.

"Long time no see, huh? Did Kara invited you?" I asked, trying to have nicer conversation with him. I didn't want to sound like I'm nervous or something. I want this to work out. I needed to be at least civil to him.

I felt the urge to not be mad at him. I continuously reminded myself of the things that I must do if I'm seeing him again, accidentally. Until this happened. Thank God, I'm ready.

"No. JP invited me. Didn't know that you'd be also here." He sounded so professional. And I liked that. Hindi ako mahihirapang pakisamahan siya.

He changed so much, and I don't know if I can still reach him.

But, I don't want to reach him because I know that he's too far away from me. He's character's too far away from the one that I used to love. So, yeah.

"Of course I must be here. My friends are getting married. Oh, we're here." I said when the elevator opened, finally.

He's the one who's taking the lead. Somehow a blessing in disguise because I seriously don't know the exact location is.

"Oh hi, lovebirds!" Kara exclaimed. I smiled upon seeing her and JP. They look so happy.

We hugged each other, then JP. I scanned my eyes throughout the place. It's fancy and I love it. The city lights are wonderful and I also love it.

It seems like they rented the whole place because I can't see any people which is very unusual because it's hearts' day.

I stopped when he motioned me to sit beside him. I wonder what is the game that he's playing?

"Buti hindi kayo na-traffic?" Kara asked. We both don't know what to say.

"Slight. But the traffic's not heavy as usual." I said. I saw him smiled.

"You got a new haircut, bagay sayo." Sabi ni JP. I just laughed at him.

"Oh, oo nga! Nag m-move on lang ang peg?" Sabi ni Kara. I stopped. Patience, Julia. You can do this.

I felt his eyes on me but I didn't bother. I just remained my composure.

"I felt like I needed to, for a change." Then I laughed.

"So, shall we order?" Sabi ni JP.

Inabot niya sakin yung menu kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya. Sure, let's keep it going. Let's continue to pretend if that's what you want.

They both said their orders including him. "What's your order?" He asked me. I scanned through the whole page until I finally found what I want.

"I'll just get a ceasar salad." I said to the waiter then I smiled.