FIFTY: Yes

Julia

"Hello? Julia? Still there?" I snapped back in reality when she asked me continuously.

"Oh, yes. Still here." I pursed my lips while still staring at him.

"Good. Want me to spill the tea?" She asked. I also asked myself the same question. But I ended up saying goodbye to her.

I've got to answer him first. He's my priority now.

"Problem? You seem uncomfortable." He said while staring at me, intently.

I smiled. "Nothing, Hana just called me. I said, the truth...but not the whole truth.

"Nasaan na nga ba tayo?" I asked, pretending that I didn't know what we're talking about a while back.

"Correction, wala pang tayo. But if you'll let me, then so be it." Then he chuckled. He left me with a frowned face. Where did he learned that?

"Again, with no interruptions, I want to ask you. Can I court you?" He said, not breaking his stares into my eyes. Suddenly, only his presence is my focus. Everything's a blur.

Seconds passed, still, we're each other's focus. Not minding everything else. Eye to eye and heart to heart.

Should I? I asked myself. Will he be worthy of it all once again? For the second time around?

But then I found myself holding unto his hand after I said yes.

Take a risk, and make a change. I guess that is my mindset right now.

I don't know, but I'm happy to see him smile so brightly like this. For the past seven months, I only see him as a man who is always so conscious and timid. A man who is very gentle to avoid making the same mistakes that he did.

"I owe you a lot. I seriously wanted to make this work and thank you for giving me a chance. I will not let it pass away. I will not let you go...never again." He said while his tears are slowly being scattered on his beautiful face.

"Wipe your tears nga!" Sabi ko while giving him a tissue. Tumawa lang kami parehas. This moment is precious. It's just so genuine.

"Order na nga tayo." Then he laughed.

We spent the next hour together, talking about things. Mostly things about us. I can't believe that we still got to talk about us, again. Truly, life is full of uncertainness. And that uncertain things somehow makes you mature, and leaving you a good lesson.

"Let me ask you something..." I said. Playing with my fingers.

"What is it?" He asked, still looking so pleasant.

"Why...did we end up like this?" I said then I stared at him, feeling so nervous at the same time.

I used to avoid this topic. But now, I'm finally facing it. We're finally facing it together.

"I mean, why did you left me before? Leaving me hanging? Don't you know how painful it was for me? Don't you felt a little bit of pity or at least some conscience?" I asked, freely saying whatever thoughts I have inside my mind.

"Don't get me wrong, I already moved on and I already accepted you. That's why we're here, talking about things. I just want to know..." I said, feeling
guilty.

He took a deep breath. Matagal ata niyang pinag-isipan lahat ng sasabihin niya. Ever since we've been friends again, he's been cautious of the words that he'll spit. And that makes me in awe of him.

"My family didn't want you to be my girlfriend. As you can see, the night when ate got me out of your hand, it's loud and clear that she doesn't want you. You don't know how I wanted to pursue and fight for you, even it takes me being hospitalized because of the bruises that I got from my own family. "