FIFTY THREE: Flashback

Note: This is what happened in the past (after Julia's birthday) you can refer to chapters thirty eight, forty and forty one. Enjoy! xx

Zach

It's so fulfilling to see that I made everything successfully. Simula nung nagpunta kami dito sa Hongkong, up until this night. It was so wonderful.

I didn't know that I was capable of doing all of this for my love that I met unexpectedly.

She indeed made my life turn upside down. She brought out the best in me and she's been with me all the time that's why I did this to her to prove to her that she deserve every blessing because in the first place, she became a blessing to me.

And I know that her family dreamt of this...especially her father. I think that's also my way of thanking them for raising a daughter like her.

When she broke up with me, when she almost died, when she thought that I'm cheating, and all of my 'pranks' so that she'll have no hint of all these surprises, makes me hurt too.

And it only proves one thing, that I can't live without her.

"Can you please come with me?" Someone said. I turned my back and I saw Charisse. Paano siya nakarating rito? Was she even invited?

Without saying yes, she forced me to go with her. She pulled me so earnestly na akala ko mababalian na 'ko. Nakarating kami sa isang unit.

Before we enter, she faced me then she let go of my hand.

She said that it's urgent and she'll do anything bad to herself if I didn't listen to whatever she tells me.  Charisse and her reasons, I'm so sick of her.

Sa pang ilang beses na pagkakataon, pumayag nanaman ako sa gusto niya. Wala akong takas.

Because it already happened. She got hospitalized one time because she hit her head on the wall. Crazy human.

Finally, she opened the door after she swiped a card for about four times. I looked at her. She's wearing a pajama which I wonder kung paano siya nakapasok sa hall. Is she staying here? Kailan pa? She looked like a mess, which is very unusual of her. I didn't say that she's beautiful but her usual face wears a make-up na kasing kapal ng mukha niya. But now, everything's different.

Gustuhin ko mang hindi magalit sa kaniya, believe me, I wanted to consider and have patience with her every time because after all, she's a woman and she used to be my friend.

She wants me to marry and love her pero bakit ko gagawin 'yun kung ganoon yung ugali niya?

"Pasok ka." Mahina niyang sabi. I followed her to the dining area. I saw an instant noodles with a canned beer at the table. Mukhang iniwan niya 'to dito just to bring me here.

"Sit down first." sabi niya pa. Umupo ako sa harap niya. I looked at her face. Her eyes are puffy and her hair is almost burned out.

"You know Charisse, if if's not important which is the opposite of what you told me, let's stop this nonsense." She just smiled at me. Uminom siya ng beer habang nakatingin sakin. Ano bang problema nito?

"I'm pregnant." She said, without hesitation. I want to keep myself from grinning but I can't help it. Should I be happy or not?

"And? What does it have to do with me? You're just wasting my time here. Pero hindi na 'ko nagtaka na buntis ka." Sabi ko. Hindi siya umiimik. Nakatingin lang siya sakin.

"You remembered?" She ask. Remembered what?

"What do you mean?" I can slowly feel my chest tightening as I process the things that might happen.