FIFTY FIVE: Misha Keith

Zach

"Ate Keith..." I called.

"Zachary...finally, we meet again." Then she smiled so widely. Unti-unting pumatak yung luha sa mata niya.

"P-paano?" I asked. I seated in front of her.

"I'll explain everything. Just please...bear with me, okay?" I nodded.

"Hon, can you?" She said while looking at the man I met a while ago. I can't believe that they are still  together.

He just nodded and he go outside along with the doctor and nurse.

"First of all, I want to say sorry, for not showing up for a long time. I was afraid that you will not let me enter into your life again and I assumed that you are happy and contented in your life so I thought, why would I even destroy that kind of life?" She said.

I realized that I'm really not familiar to her the moment that I saw her again. But I know that my heart is. Even if I deny it or not, I'm longing for her...for a true family.

"But trust me, everyday, I am thinking of all the what ifs. What if magpakita ako? Would you be happy, or not? What if malaman niya that I survived from that accident? Will he still accept me? Or baka magalit siya kasi iniwan ko siyang mag-isa? Believe me, I tried. Everyday I am trying to reach out to you but...I just can't dahil sa mga what ifs."

That accident turned my world into darkness. After that, I don't know how to live anymore. It's like I'm waking up but not truly wanting to be alive again.

I started to cry. These past weeks and days have been complicated. I just want to let it all out.

And this? This makes it all even more difficult to bear.

She squeezed my hand. "Look at me." She said. I wiped my tears then I looked at her.

"Zach, will you be able to accept the truth?" She asked.

It depends on how intense it is. But I know myself, it's not easy for me to accept things in just a split second.

"What truth?" I asked. There are so much questions in my head hoping to be answered truthfully.

"Why did I left you behind." She simply said, na parang hindi big deal yung sinasabi niya.

"So ano, bakit?" I asked, sounding pissed.

Who wouldn't be pissed at the fact that I was raised by strangers and left out alone in this world by my family?

"Our parents, they didn't survived as you can see. Pero ako? Naka survive ako pero parang hindi rin." She paused because she's having a shortness of breath.

"Parang hindi because of...this." Referring to what sickness she has, na parang ayoko ng malaman.

She shook her head. "Mr and Mrs. Lopez adopted you, right?" She asked. I nodded.

She laughed sarcastically. "They knew that I survived in that accident. And I also knew that you survived and their plan to adopt you." She squeezed my hand again. "They became responsible for our parents, they cremated them but I don't know where the ashes are. And just recently, I found out na nandoon din yung pangalan ko. They killed me. Pinatay din nila ako sa isipan mo, Zach."

I remember one time that I asked them about my family, every details of their death. Pero wala akong nakuhang matinong sagot sa kanila.

They always say that I should forget about them and be grateful because I still have someone to call a family who adopted me.