THIRTY NINE: Plans

Zach

(Before the party)

Right now, Julia is having a video call with Caitlyn. And yes, they're so loud. Parang ilang taong hindi nagkita.

And also right now, I'm nervous. I'm having this surprise birthday party for my love. And I don't know why I come up with this plan.

Ayan tuloy, nahihirapan ako. It's my first time, I've never done this with Caitlyn before.

But I'm grateful that I have them—
friends and her family. They are the ones who helped me.

And now, everything's fine. Actually, I planned this before everything happened...thanks to them.

Pero ayun, naisip ko ng itigil ko lahat kasi parang wala ng sense, because I thought that our relationship had ended. But thankfully, she gave me a chance and I wouldn't let that chance be taken away from me.

One of my great source of help and ideas is my ex, Caitlyn. After ng lahat ng nangyari in the past, she's still here, supporting me and her best friend.

Speaking of Caitlyn, "Paharap nga kay Zach, dali." Sabi niya. I am still fixing my hair ng lumapit sakin si Julia.

"Hey, you. Musta?" She asked and Julia handed me her phone.

"I'm okay. A bit nervous." I whispered, enough for Caitlyn to hear. Baka mamaya kasi, marinig niya. Pero buti nalang nasa kitchen pa siya.

"Why did you call her?" I asked.

"Eh kasi...we can't find the place where you are staying at. Nakalimutan ko eh, hehe." Bulong rin niya.

"So that's the reason why you called her?" I asked while laughing. Hay nako, Caitlyn.

"Yeah, because I forgot! I'm sorry. You never answered any of my calls that's why I called her instead." She said. So, is that my fault?

"Ilang beses ko ng sinabi sainyo, nakalimutan niyo parin?" I asked. Ang dami nila doon, kahit isa sa kanila eh walang nakaalala?

Caitlyn's with Hana and Julia's family. I paid the half of their tickets' price. Yung other half is from tita na, since she insisted na kahit paano ay may mai-contribute for her daughter's party.

"At least nalaman ko na. Thanks to you nalang, Zachary."

I laughed, upon realizing that she is listening to our conversation, I can feel it. And to make my surprise really a surprise, I will hurt her feelings.

Although it hurts me seeing her hurting, I will do it for the sake of this plan. Sana lang hindi siya gumive-up.

I laughed again, more like a genuine one. "Okay, okay. You still want to talk to her?" I asked.

"Nope. Later nalang. Ingat kayo ah?" She said.

"Okay, laters." I said then I ended the call.

"Hey, nag hang-up na si Lyn. She'll talk to you later daw." I said while walking towards her and I returned her phone.

She looks busy. More like, busy-busyhan. Pretending that she didn't heard our conversation. Mga babae talaga.

"Mukhang ang haba ng pinag-usapan niyo ah?" She said while still pretending that she's 'busy'.

"Yeah. Kinakamusta lang tayo. And inaasar din ako dahil nabanggit mo raw yung dinner kagabi." She stopped.