Chapter 42

Taehyung tells Jimin and everyone at the station that Jae In is okay and not in critical condition. Jimin and Seulgi is so thankful and thanks Buddha and all her ancestors and all the gods. Tzuyu is pissed and

wants to know where that man is that took her.

the cops we're all still looking for him. It looks like he was able to escape.

The next day, Irene gives some instruction about what to do with Jae In, like put more guards around her, and then goes into a small building to ask about Chanyeol’s mother. But the mother left December 17th. Jisoo asks "what happened that day?"

Flashblack the mother sitting at the beach and then standing and walking into it.

"She attempted suicide?" Irene asked confused

"yes, some people found her, she was not critical. But just in case, I asked her name and ID. She asked if she could just pay for the treatment."

" She knows that if she had a treatment history then people can track her."

"We argued a bit and I told her that I would call the policies, then she gave me her ID. But she left her ring on the bed. A tiny ring. I gave it to the prosecutors." He explained

We see Chanyeol holding this ring on the beach. Seaguls fly all around him.

Irene also goes to this beach. She looks out over the ocean as seagulls fly around her and she thinks about December 17th. On that day was the public briefing for Kim Gabyong’s death. She wonders "why did she tried to kill herself on that day. Why is she alive but keeping it secret from you (Chanyeol). Why?"

HOSPITAL

Jae In is still sleeping as Jimin and Seulgi frets over her about her entire ordeal.  Mark is outside reliving the moment he found her. He also got a touch of what the killer was thinking. The most important thing is that Jae In is not the only improtant person to Chanyeol. he thinks back to asking Chanyeol about his mother and how Irene said the woman at the clinic is his mother.

Nayeon was there also she goes up to Ahn and thanks him and asked mark why did Baekhyun suddenly disappeared. Mark actually holds her hand and says "it will be okay and I don't know."

"You should rest, You didn't sleep at all." Nayeon tells him.

Mark says "Nayeon should rest I heard your pregnant now, I would like to stay next to her even though the police are guarding."

Taehyung says that he also wants to stay next to her, but Jennie should go home and make a nice meal for her. He will go with her. Nayeon tells Mark to tell Jae In to call me as soon as she wakes up, I want to hear her voice. She walks off with Taehyung and nayeon

MEANWHILE

Chanyeol is around the corner listening, but he does not go to the door. He just stays at his spot turns his hand into a fist in anger. Then he walks away. Baekhyun looked at him worried

In the room, Mark sits by Jaein. he sees that her ankle is kind of exposed so he covers it and then notices that she must be having a bad dream as she brow furrows. Then she starts to wimper about her appa. Mark touches her face and starts to see what she is thinking.

His vision ❁

She thinks back to the killer and saying that she remembers him, he is the criminal that took her fathers jacket and the guy who burned the apartment, things will not go according to your plan. Then another man appeared.

He stops touching her.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol is in a Catholic church looking at the cross. Baekhyun comes up to him and says "I heard the news that a preist was abducted, I thinks it is from that person. It looks like things are going along with what you thought. What are you going to do?" Chanyeol lowers his head and looks at the gold ring."Otherwise, what do you know?"