Chapter 40

Meanwhile, Jae In, Tzuyu, teacher, and Yugyeom leave the chicken place. Jae In says "I will head out alone,I want to be alone."

"not to worry about Tzuyu, I'll take her back."
Yugyeom tells her They banter about that for awhile.

"a stranger is better than Yugyeom." Tzuyu jokingly says.

He says "fine, I will take Your daughter home, and you can do whatever." he gets in the car with the baby.

Outside, they tell Tzuyu that Yugyeom is a good guy. She says she knows, that is why she is doing this. Then she hops in the car and says goodbye to Jae In and the teacher.

SEOUL DISTRICT POLICE STATION

In the main polcie station, Jaemin (the sidekick) gets yelled at by Byungho (Irene's father) about not doing a good job spying on his daughter for him. He should know that she is reinvestigating the apartment!  Jaemin tries to explain things. He tries to say all that Irene is up to now a days like looking for the woman that has three new identities. Chanyeol is also looking for her.

Byungho wonders what is up with that woman and the apartment. Jaemin asks if he knows anything about that apartment? Byungho tells him to leave and then wonders if his daughter found out anything.

APARTMENT

Mark goes to the old apartment. On a sign it says that there is a renovation about to start, so please move out your belongings. Mark goes up to the 7th floor and touches the concrete railing as he walks along the outdoor hall. But it looks like he doesn’t see anything.

"What happened back then, of course I shouldnt’ see it."
He rests on the concrete rail and sees Jae In limping up on the ground floor. he quickly hides against the wall. He also looks pretty shook to see her. Their music starts to play as she goes to the same floor? Yep, it’s the same floor, she looks around the hallway of that floor and then leaves.

Mark follows her as she limps along the sidewalk But she stops and starts crying where she stands. He looks like he feels horrible. 

___
______
____________

E

lsewhere, Daebong finds out from Sohyun that Jae In’s father is the person that is charged with that fire case. Tzuyu says " it looks like Mark knows about it now. But even though it is shocking, how can he just not take phone calls anymore. It is not Jae In’s fault."

Yugyeom says "it drives him crazy."

"he knew Jae In was the daughter of a murderer, why is he doing this? He knew her father was a murderer." Tzuyu tells him Angrily.

Yugyeom tells her "Mark’s parents died in that fire incident." This is news to Tzuyu, Tzuyu was shock.

Jae In was walking home. Mark has continued following her from a safe distance. She gets all the way inside so he looks at the foor for a moment and then goes home. His dog is there, happy to see him so he apologizes to him for leaving him alone and asks if he slept well.

Mark sighs "I don’t know who I am talking to."

Then his doorbell rings. It’s Yugyeom. Yugyeom comes up with the bag that was in the car. It is the bag that Jae In made for Mark. He tells him "You're not sure if You will like it." Ahn thinks it is too cruel to look at it now.  So Yugyeom asks "if You should throw it away? I will if You want me to."

"Daebong, I thought I liked her a lot. Maybe I didn’t, I ran away too quickly. "

"It is not whether you like her or not" Yugyeom stated