Chapter 46

Irene is at home in her super mansion princess bedroom. She thinks about YSS and how Chanyeol says that they cannot touch YSS construction company cases. he also told her that he thought she should step away from the case. Irene thinks that two knew everything.

then she gets a phone call from “Psycho Ahn.” But she doesn’t pick up the phone. He sends a text.

Irene;       ;Mark

Jaein found the place that exists but does not exist. Come with us.”

“How can I see you know? I don’t deserve to solve this case.”

IN THE TINY STATION.

"I thinks this is strange, they cannot contact her since last night." Jae In says confused.

"I thinks that “he” might have shown up in front of Irene?" But then Jaemin comes in.

He says "I'm taking over the case. Irene is sick, her father told Me, so I will take care of the case. Lets talk a bit, Irene did not give me any data. Tell me everything."

Mark flips the board around so Jaemin does not see it. They start to just kind of say that they have to leave to police the neighborhood and slip out.

in the hallway, they wonder what is going on.

"I think that Irene lied about being sick. But maybe they can just go themselves."  Jae In as a matter of fact tone.

"where?"

Chanyeol was walking into a subway station, the same subway station that he watched the killer on in the CCTV. He also goes into the same door that the killer went into.

Elsewhere, Jae In and Mark we're talking About Chanyeol. "3 years ago, the case Chanyeol took and cracked a robbery case that used kids. he got an award for it. From their testimony, they talked about a location that was exactly what they are looking for. The ghost train station. The place we go to exists at the station, but have you every thought about what is under the station? 30 years ago they wanted to build a transfer line, but it was cancelled. that created unused strain lines."Jae In tells Mark as a fact.

Chanyeol starts walking up this line.

Chanyeol gets to this spot and flashback to Chanyeol rescuing all the kids. He looks at this location and then looks around.

Mark asks Jae In "is that  the chain mark on the killers neck?" 

"Yes, he lived like a ghost and was not caught on CCTV. I think he learned how to be a ghost when he was in the child organization. We have to find any unseen evidence, that is your specialty." Jae In says and Mark smiles.

They head out to find the ghost train station, but they do call Irene and leave a message letting her know what they are up to. They head to the door that Chanyeol took and head in.

They start to walk down the steps and have their flashlights out because it is super dark there. Mark finds a spot and puts his hand on it.

__
____
_________

Meanwhile, Irene checks the voicemail that Jaein left. She is instantly worried and says "we shouldn't go there without backup!" Then she thinks about the time she apologized to Jae In for her fathers mess up. She was not sure how to repay her, but she was sure that she would not make the same mistake.

In the station, Jae In sees a bag and heads to it. This bag looks new-ish. She opens it and sees chains inside. But then she gets a call from Irene, however the signal is weak so she has to walk around to make is stronger.

She is able to get her on the phone and tells her that they are there. Irene basically tells her that they should not be there alone! Then she calls Jaemin to send people to the Segi train station. She has a report that the Kidnapper is there! But Jaemin says that her father told him not to do anything to support her. Even if you call someone else, it will not work.

In the station, her father says that everything is in the past, nothing changes.

So they are all on their own.

Mark touches one of the chains in the bag and sees Baekhyun's mother telling him to run away! Run away! Then they mention the picture, it is the one that he took from Baekhyun's room. Mark psychometries the picture and sees Baekhyun sitting next to the bag!

he quickly pushes Jae In to the corner to hide as they hear steps approaching. Then we see Baekhyun walking up.

"Once I imagined what I would see if I psychometried myself. The most painful memory in my past. That is not the apartment fire case, not Jae In’s kidnapping, but that day, what happened in the ghost station…" Baekhyun thought sighing

Baekhyun has a stand off with the bad guy in the station? It looks like it is a face off with Mark and Jae In watching as they hide.

______