Chapter 44

Irene stands outside the factory and speaks to Jihyo on the phone the unsolved case with the single fingerprint they found. It was something that happened in Gangwangdo. They could not find the owner of the fingerprint so it became unsolved.

The address is the same address from the warehouse. Irene asks what case it was.

Inside, Mark and Jae In find the secret room in the back of this metal locker. They wonder if it is a basement? Mark says he has to get inside to see. But then he is startled back by a black and white image of a boy running out of the closet. he looks at the boy running away and we see that some other part of the room are also in black and white signalling that it is a memory that Mark sees.

"A criminal trapped an umma and son in a basement for 9 years….Irene, are you listening to me? That is the end of the record. I will send you the case in a text message." Jihyo said in the other phone line. Irene drops the phone to her side.

Inside, Mark and Jae In walk into the basement. as they get to the bottom step and go into another room. The room is relatively large and has cages all around it. These cages go from the floor to the cieling. Inside the cage, there is an image of a forest on one wall and beds inside with a TV and desk and other things to make the room livable.

Irene comes in.

"Baekhyun was 9, he was trapped here until he was nine." Irene says blankly terrified.

"What are you talking about? How are those things possible?"

"Search this place, I will go to the police station and investigate more in detail."

Irene is noticable shook, she walks to her car and gets in as she tries to hold in her emotions that are ready to explode. She thinks back to yelling at Chanyeol on the bridge. "I want to help You, is Am I not that helpful?"
She also thinks back to telling him that their relationship is so one sided, you know everything about me and I don't know anything about you.

"I don't need your help “HE”... Needs you." She starts sniffling in the car and lowers her head.

Inside, Jae In asks "if I should leave? I might not be helpful for him here."

"Can you find something outside for me." Mark asks.
She goes out and is about to leave but tells Mark not to try too hard, he passed out last time. He says okay. Then he starts to look around the room.

The room is very dusty and very old as if it is stopped in a time machine. Mark doesn’t touch anything at first, he just looks around. There is a spot on the wall that shows height markings, Mark decides to touch that part.

His vision ☆

He see that the mother has been in this room forever, her entire life basically since she was a kid. She was also pregnant and had a baby inside. She tells “him” that she will kill herself if he touches her kid. Is that what you want? Then he see her measuring his height on the wall. She tells him that she will make it so he can run away." Mark stops touching the wall and lowers his head as he tries to take it all in.

______
____
_

Irene goes to the police station and checks all the unsolved case reports for people that are trapped someone or kidnapped or something like that. Irene asks how she has never heard of these things? The man says that it is unsolved, that is why it was kept quiet.

"Two woman was trapped for 9 years and gave birth to a boy, but the police did not know anything and the escape was done by the victims, not the police. The police will be blamed for not having any clue about the criminal at all, so you know the biggest problem? The criminal is a person without a Korean citizen number." Nayeon explained Irene sighed while the three look at each other shock. "OMG?!! I didn't know Baekhyun had a bad past, and wait two woman?."