41

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Amy commanded, ushering everyone out of the hospital.

You giggled, following her, Ethan, Mark, Rose, and Joshua into the parking lot. "Amy, calm down! We'll get to the house eventually!"

It was three days later, meaning you were officially released from the hospital. Your concussion was fully healed, and although you had tons of tiny scars littering your arms, leg, and chest, you felt unharmed and better than ever as you held Ethan's hand and let him lead you through the parking lot and to Mark's car.

"We'll stop by your apartment first so you can get your car." Mark explained. "Then you'll lead all of us to this house of yours." He used air quotes when he said "house".

"Sounds like a plan." You said.

After about a half hour on the road, you pulled into a long and private driveway leading up to an elegant house. It was all white with three stories and a huge backyard with an in-ground pool. On the second story was a balcony on the side facing you with a wooden floor and a glass railing. The house itself looked massive, and you figured it would seem even bigger on the inside. You parked alongside Mark and Joshua, and you and Ethan climbed out.

"I'm going to live here?" You heard Rose ask.

You turned towards her, grinning. "I know, I can't believe it either.

"This looks absolutely beautiful." Amy swooned, climbing out of Mark's car.

"Let's head inside and see what it's like." Mark announced.

The inside was amazing. It was a perfect mix of modern and classy. Lining the walls in the entry were pictures and painted wooden boards with sayings like "Live, Laugh, Love" on them. The living room was massive and leading directly into the beautiful kitchen, an open theater room in the back, and the backyard. The connected garage was large enough to fit three cars in it.

The second floor had two large, separate bathrooms, three beautifully decorated bedrooms, and one empty office space, complete with soundproofing. The third floor had what seemed like a recording studio/office, the master bedroom and bathroom, a nursery, and a small library with a computer and painting easel.

"This place is amazing!" Rose yelled from the living room. You giggled, hearing the echo of it all the way from the library.

"I can't believe we have this place all to ourselves." Ethan muttered, walking into the room.

"Don't forget about Rose and our three dogs." You pointed out to him.

"Well, yeah, but still." You scanned the shelves and pulled out a random book, realizing after you read the title that it was one of your favorites. "Does that book have any significance to you?"

You nodded. "Yeah. My dad gave me a copy of this book for my fifteenth birthday. I've loved it ever since, and I read the whole series. It's actually really good." You put the book back where you found it.

Amy raced into the room. "Dude, you have a working recording studio in here. Can you tell me why?"

You giggled again. "I went to college and got a degree in music production. My parents must've added the studio while I was gone."

"That's really cool." Ethan was staring at you with wide eyes. "How come you never pursued a career in that?"

You shrugged. "It's hard when you're just starting. I've tried going to labels and stuff, but no one wanted to sign me on. I thought of starting my own, but I didn't have the equipment to do so."

"But did you ever, like, make your own songs?"

"Of course. I didn't learn four instruments and take vocal lessons for nothing."

"Is there nothing you can't do?" Ethan swooned.

"Alright, lovebirds, let's go downstairs." Amy was giggling.

The six of you met up in the living room after exploring the whole house.

"So, What next?" Joshua asked.

"Well," You started out. "Ethan and I have to go to the apartment and pack everything up and get our dogs. I have to talk to my realtor to cancel the lease. You and Rose are welcome to stay here and get Rose settled in."

"Oh, don't forget about groceries. We'll need some food." Ethan pointed out

"We can wait until tomorrow to do that, and just order some pizza or something tonight. That's basically it, though."

"Can I go pick my room?" Rose asked.

"Of course, as long as it's not the one on the third floor- that's Ethan and I's." She immediately took Joshua's hand and raced upstairs.

"Need any help?" Mark asked. "You can use our car, or I can go get a U-Haul."

"That would be great, Mark." Ethan answered for you. "The more help, the better."

"Then What are we waiting for?" Amy asked. "Let's go!" The four of you raced outside and to the cars, driving back to the place you used to call home.