22

"So? How was it?"

You grinned at Ethan, who was sitting in the driver's seat. "It was amazing! Mark and Amy were so cool!"

"That's great! Do you know what you're gonna be working on?"

You nodded. "Yeah, a little bit. I'm just gonna be coming up with ideas for sketches for now, but eventually I'll be taking the lead in huge projects. Right now I'm helping Mark create a script for a sketch called 'Wilford Motherloving Warfstache'. It's going to take at least a month to get it all written out, and even longer to film everything."

"Sounds awesome. Let me know if you need help with anything. I'll come to the rescue."

You nodded. "I know. You don't have to remind me." Your smile fell. "Speaking of which... thanks for last night. And this morning. I know I keep mentioning it, but I... I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there to stop and control me. I..." You blushed. "This is a little embarrassing to say, but... when it comes to alcohol, I don't really have a stopping point. Sometimes I drink until I can't feel anything anymore."

Ethan glanced at you. "That's bad, (Y/n). You need to learn how to control yourself."

"I know that." You sighed. "But sometimes... I can't. I mean, drinking for me is like a way to get things off of my head, and to relax myself. And sometimes it takes longer to do that." You looked at him. "That's why I got so upset this morning. Because I went too far to try and relax myself. Because I kept drinking when it wasn't working. I was embarrassed that you saw me when I was drunk. I... I don't know... I'm sorry."

Ethan took one hand off of the steering wheel and took your left hand. "Babe, listen to me. You need to stop worrying about that, okay? I was there when you needed me, and that's how it's going to be from now on. No more drinking. Just text me if there's ever a problem, and I'll be right over. Okay?"

You sniffed, wiping away tears that fell. "Okay. No more drinking."

"You promise?"

"I promise. For however long I need to."

"Good." He pulled up in front of your apartment and unlocked the doors. "Well, here you go. Let me know if anything pops up with your parents."

You took off your seatbelt and was about to open the door when a thought crossed your mind. "Hey, Ethan?"

"Yeah?"

You turned towards him. "Can you... stay the night with me again?"

He looked shocked that you'd ask something like that. "What? Why? I mean, of course, but why?"

You bit your lip. "Well... I don't remember everything, but I remember you getting into bed with me, and you wrapping your arms around me, and... it felt nice. I felt safe, and warm, and protected... I want it to happen again. I don't want to let that feeling go."

Ethan was smiling. "I'll stay whenever you want me to. Just let me stop by my place really quick so I can take care of Max and get some stuff. Alright?"

"Okay. I'll get dinner started." You opened the car door and got out. "Don't take too long."

"I promise I'll try not to." He blew you a kiss before driving away.