40

About two hours later, everyone started filtering out, until it was just Sabrina, Ethan, and I left in the room. Sabrina was in the corner, sleeping in a chair, while Ethan was holding my hand and whispering to me, ranting about the most recent game he played.

"I mean, the animation for everything was great," He was explaining. "But the storyline was terrible. I mean, seriously- go to the top of the mountain to rescue your father from the dragon, only to fine the dragon's already beheaded and your father is nowhere to be found. And seriously, what was that magic gauntlet for? Absolutely useless, but we couldn't finish the mission without it? Does that make any sense to you?"

You giggled. "You're weird, babe."

"You love me, though." He grinned at you.

The room became silent for a while, the only sound being the beeps from the heart monitor, the traffic outside, and everyone's breathing. Suddenly, as if from nowhere, Ethan said something randomly.

"You know, I want to marry you someday."

You choked on air. "Excuse me? What?"

"I want to marry you someday."

You coughed. "And you bring this up why?"

"I don't know. I've just been thinking about it." He leaned back in the chair he was sitting in. "I can just picture it- a nice, beautiful clearing around trees. Music plays, and I turn around, only to see you coming my way as flower petals and tree buds gently fall to the ground. You're in such a beautiful dress that my breath gets taken away, and the only thing I see is how your beautiful eyes glow in the sunlight."

You smiled. "Sounds amazing."

"I know, because I imagined it." You stuck your tongue out, and he chuckled. "Have... have you been thinking about it?"

You eyed him. "Honestly?"

"Honestly."

You sighed. "I did last night. You were saying those things to me, trying to get me to relax, and all of a sudden, I was mentally asking you to marry me. I don't know, I think it was because all of this happened, but..." You took a breath. "I really wanted you to at the moment."

"'At the moment'?" He asked, wanting you to elaborate.

"Well... you and I both know what we shouldn't rush into anything. Your fans don't even know about us, yet. We shouldn't be even thinking about the idea of marriage until they do. And... I don't know... I thought you were happy with what we have right now."

"I am. I am happy with what we have. I'm happy with you. And I agree with you- I need to announce our relationship publicly before taking it to that step." You nodded before quickly dissolving into a yawn. Ethan grinned. "And we need to get some sleep before we talk about this more."

You nodded. "I agree." You adjusted yourself, getting comfortable, before closing your eyes.

Ethan leaned over to kiss your forehead. "Goodnight babe."

"Goodnight, Ethan." You whispered.

The only sound you could hear was the beeping of the heart monitor and your breathing. Then, nothing. You started to become confused, opening your eyes and staring in wonder at the sight before you. You were surrounded by clouds, and above you was nothing but blue. A large, white gate stood before you, glistening in the light. You looked down at yourself, realizing you were wearing everyday clothes instead of the hospital robe you had on just moments before.