53

"And... that's a wrap everyone!" Mark announced. "Thank you all for coming and helping out!"

The crowd began to file out, until all that were left were you, Mark, and Nick.

"That was really fun." Nick said with a grin. "I can't wait until this weekend."

"Neither can I." Mark said. He then turned to you. "(Y/n)? Are you coming this weekend to film? I can send you the address."

You nodded. "I'd be more than happy to. It gives me a reason to take my mind off of Rose."

"Okay. Well, it's getting late. We should all go and get some rest."

Nick nodded. "Sounds like a plan. I'll see you later, Mark." He gave him a hug, then turned to you. "It was nice to meet you, (Y/n). I hope to see you again on Saturday." He gave you a hug, as well, before making his way outside.

Mark quickly enveloped you in a tight hug. "Thank you for being here."

You smiled, hugging him back. "It was nothing. I'm just happy to help."

Mark pulled away. "Listen. I know everything is starting to get to you. But I just want you to know that Amy and I are always here for you whenever you need us. Okay?"

You nodded. "I know. Thank you."

"Of course. You're our friend. We just want to take care of you."

Your eyes began to fill with tears. "...thank you. Really."

Mark smiled. "You're welcome. Now go back to the hospital. Get some rest. I'll see you on Saturday."

You both said goodbye to each other as you got into your car and drove away to the hospital. When you were close to Rose's room, you could hear laughing coming from inside. You stepped inside to find Rose with Ethan and Sabrina, who was talking excatically.

"So he came over last night and we watched a movie. He let me cuddle up to him and everything! And then when the movie was over, we threw the leftover popcorn at each other. And then he said "I have something to show you" then led me out to his car, where he pulled out two Nerf guns and a bunch of ammo. We had a Nerf war in the backyard. God, he's so amazing!"

Ethan was laughing. "I'm glad you two are together. You're perfect for each other."

"Like you and (Y/n)?" Rose asked.

Ethan blushed. "I wouldn't say that..."

"Oh, come on!" Sabrina swatted at his arm. "I've seen the way you look at her. You look at her like she's the entire world. Like she's the air you breathe, or she's the ground you walk on."

"Because she is." Ethan's voice was quiet. "She's... she's my everything. I can't live without her. She just appeared in my life one day and became my whole world. I just... don't tell her I said this, but if we're still together after three months... I'm going to ask her to marry me."

Sabrina's eyes were wide. "Don't you think it's a little soon for that?"

Ethan shook his head. "No. I've waited my whole life for someone like her. I want it to happen. I can't wait any longer."

You stepped into the hallway, leaning against the wall as tears streamed silently down your face. You sniffed and reached up to wipe them away. You tried taking a deep breath, and instead took gulping, shakey ones. Eventually you were able to get your breathing under control, just as Sabrina appeared next to you.

"So. You heard that, didn't you?" You nodded, unable to say a word. "I've been telling you- he really, really loves you. Do you believe me now?"

"Yeah." You muttered, then cleared your throat to speak louder. "Yeah, I do."

"Good. Let's go get some water, and then come back and hang out for a while."

You nodded. "Okay."

The two of you walked down the hall silently towards the water fountains. You took a couple sips, then stood up straight, wiped your mouth, then turned to smile at Sabrina, who was smiling back.

"Better?"

"Better."

"(Y/n)?" You both turned toward the voice and saw Joshua approaching. You hugged him. "Are you okay? Your eyes are red."

You sniffed again. "Yeah, I'm fine. I promise. It's nothing to worry about."

He smiled. "Good. So, where's Rose?"

"We'll take you to her." Sabrina smiled at him. "Let's go."