61

Within three months, you and Ethan had most of the wedding planned out. All that was left was to make and send out invitations and find a photographer. The two of you were giddy, waiting impatiently for the big day to arrive.

After a few days of locking yourself in your recording studio and working nonstop, you finally allowed Ethan to come in for him to see what you had been working on. You sat him in your office chair, and he looked at you confused.

"What do you want to show me?" He asked.

You clicked into a folder on one of your computers. "I've been working on some music lately. I haven't written anything of my own- I've really just been making covers of songs I learned in my childhood. I edited them together, and I'm going to try to use them to get hired somewhere."

Ethan stared at you, grinning. "That's amazing! But... why did you want me up here?"

"Because there's one song I did that I want you to hear." You clicked again on a file and hit play, then moved back so Ethan could see. He pulled you into his lap as music started to play, and words appeared on the screen.

"Mine" by Taylor Swift
Cover by (Y/n) (L/n)

Ethan hugged you as music started to play. "Did you play the music?"

You nodded. "How could you tell? I thought you never listened to country music."

He shrugged. "I don't know. Lucky guess." The two of you fell silent as you began to sing, and you held your breath.

You were in college, working part time waiting tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk with a fear of falling
Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts

I say, can you believe it?
As we're lying on the couch
The moment I can see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Ethan took your hand, squeezing. "I see why you wanted me to listen to it."

You looked at him, smiling. "Good."

The song went on, and eventually ended. Ethan stood you both up to pull you into a tight hug. "I loved the song. And I love you."

"I love you, too." You kissed his cheek before pulling away. "So you liked it?"

"Of course I liked it. You put a lot of work into it, and it obviously means a lot to you. It describes us perfectly." He leaned in to kiss you. "It's perfect. You're perfect."

You blushed, smiling. "Stop it."

You heard your doorbell go off, then Rose yell from downstairs. "Guys! Mark and Amy are here!"

You pulled at Ethan's arm. "Come on, let's go say hi."

Ethan followed you downstairs into the living room, where Mark and Amy had already made themselves at home. Amy looked up at you, smiling. "There you are! You've been locked up in this house for so long, I've forgotten what you looked like."

You giggled. "It's been three weeks."

"Hey, that's a long time for me!" She walked over to you and pulled you in for a brief hug. "How is everything?"

You nodded. "Good. We're all good here."

"We've got most of the wedding already planned." Ethan explained to them. "The huge stressors are gone."

Mark grinned at him. "That's great, guys. We honestly can't wait for it."

You looked over at Ethan, smiling softly. "Yeah. Me neither."