1

•••

Today's my mother's birthday. Sadly I have to spend it away from my mother. I have to stay with my dad for a while because she's sick. I would have loved to stay but she sent me away. The only good thing I'm looking forward to is my best friend. I go to my father's house every summer and she's always been there. She's going to love the fact that I have to go to school with her from now on. The only thing I hate about it is her older brother. He's in college but it's summertime so that means he's back down here.

Silas has never really liked me, He's an asshole for no reason. While he's 20 and I'm 17 and he treats me like I'm a child. He's blunt and rude as I don't know what. I try to keep my distance from him when I'm in her house. Driving over to her house, I was excited to see her after settling in my dad's house.

I knock on there door and instead of her answering it's her brother Silas. Hate is a strong word, but for him, it's not strong enough.

"Is your sister here Silas?" I ask as nice as I can fearing he might go off on me.

"Didn't I tell yo ass stop coming over here? I hate hearing yo damn voice it's annoying as hell." There he goes again. Even if when I'm being nice. I just smile and walk away from the door because I don't have time for his attitude today, but he runs out in front of me.

"Damn I was just playing she in her room." He saying giving me a look which I can't describe.

"Thank you very much," I say smiling st me. He just rolls his eyes at me. I have no idea why he dislikes me so much.

I walk back to her room and open the door. I see her making out with some boy and I quickly close the door. I see Silas with a smirk on his face with his arms crossed.

"You could have told me she had company..." I say looking at him weirdly.

"Nah I wanted you to find out on ya own." He says laughing. I just roll my eyes.

"Silas, why do you dislike me so much?" I look at him for the first time in months. I haven't seen Silas in a while since he's been at college. He's got more tattoos and is taller than I remember. Is chocolate skin still pretty and his pearly white teeth still pretty. Silas is very attractive, but he's so mean. His attitude throws his good looks out the door.

"Ion dislike you. I just don't like you being around my sister." He says looking down at his phone. I look at him shocked.

"I don't do nun to her though," I say sighing.

"I know but she's a bad influence on someone whose so .... innocent." He says pausing for a while.

"Why do you care anyway ?" He just starts to laugh.

"Pure I don't give two fucks about you." He says a little harsh and I'm taken back. He walks away from me into his room. Like I said rudely.

A little later Tammy comes out with her company. She kisses him one more time and leaves. She jumps on me and hugs me.

"Bitch I missed you." She says hugging me a little too tight.

"I can tell you about killing me," I say out of breath.

"I have so much to catch you upon. Please send the night." She says leading me to her room.

"I don't know. You know me and your brother don't get along..." I say looking down the hall to his room.

"Fuck him. If you ask me. I don't know why he's so nice to everyone but you. Y'all has been fighting since we were young." She says laughing.

"Lol." Is all I say. Honestly, he started it back up then too.

"I think I'll spend the night some other time. I need to unpack some stuff at my dad's place. I'm staying down here for a minute. Even going to school. When school starts back up." She starts to jump.

"Trust me this is going to be fun." She says and I smile. I hear a door open and Silas walks out shirtless.

"Fuck you still doing here ?" He asks with a straight face.

"I was just leaving," I say walking past him but he grabs my upper arm.

"I'm tired of you lul ass. It doesn't sit too well with me that you saying you don't wanna stay here because of me." He must have been listening to our conversation. I look back to see that Tammy already went back to her room.

"What do you want me to do lie ?" I say laughing.

"Nah just don't come over here then." I jerk my arm away from him.

"Fuck you, Silas." He grabs my arm back.

"Fuck you to pure." He says glaring at me. I storm out his house and get into my car. Why the fuck is he so mad. Don't even live there. He has an apartment. Fuck him. The main reason why I don't wanna be over there.