831

Feng Jin Yuan's Left Prime Minister Dream

Lu Yan had not been the Lu Yan of old for a long time. The passage of life allowed her to gain more clarity with each passing day, and she was becoming more and more resolute with each passing day. Now, death was something that was already final. She was no longer as horrified as she had been at the beginning. She had even gotten accustomed to it. She even joked with the female doctor that had come to give her an injection, as she counted how many days she would have left.

She had accepted it, but her mother, Ge shi, could not accept it. Every time that Lu Yan spoke like this, she would wipe away tears, and her vision would become blurry from crying so much. At the start, there would be some consolation, but she eventually became apathetic. Although she would begin to feel some hope from seeing her daughter's rosy cheeks, Lu Yan would always take the first chance possible to thoroughly suppress that hope.

Lu Song could also see this change in Lu Yan and let out a sigh, saying: "You know your body best. All that we can see is the surface. Saying it like this, it is to give you a bit of hope, rather than see you make early plans for after death."

Lu Yan smiled bitterly and consoled her father: "It's no longer too early. Father, in another half a month, daughter will die. There are a few more than ten days remaining. How can this be considered early? Father is right, I know my body best. At the time of the new year, I was already on my way to see the King of Hell. One foot had already been set through the gates of the underworld, but Imperial Daughter Ji An forcefully dragged me back. In the end, it was Imperial Daughter Ji An that displayed her exceptional medical abilities!" She looked toward Lu Song and suddenly asked: "Father, did you help speak up for the ninth prince in court that day?"

Lu Song nodded, "Indeed, such a thing happened. Recently, father has been working with Lord Right Prime Minister Fung to work on writing examination questions to deal with the officials of the eighth prince's faction." Lu Song was the left prime minister, and he had always communicated with Ge shi about some of the happenings in court; however, he never discussed them with his daughters. He did not believe that the little girls would be able to understand the things happening in court. What they were interested in would be nothing more than makeup, perfumes, accessories and fabrics. But ever since Lu Yan had fallen ill, it seemed as though she had completely changed. She had become more astute and was no longer as willful as before. He had also become accustomed to coming over to speak more with his daughter after court was dismissed. He also stopped hiding the situation in court at home.

But Ge shi was still a bit hesitant, asking Lu Song: "Husband, isn't this openly announcing that you have supported His Highness the ninth prince? I am still a little unreconciled about it."

Lu Song shook his head, saying to Ge shi: "This isn't a matter of being reconciled or not. Instead, it's just not having any other choice. Presently in court, there are only the two choices of His Highness the eighth prince and His Highness the ninth prince. Regardless of who wins and who loses, just based on His Highness the eighth prince's attitude towards Yan'er has made it so our Lu family cannot choose that path."

Thinking of Xuan Tian Mo's attitude toward Lu Yan, Ge shi felt her heart chill, as she fiercely gnashed her teeth. "Back then, he even asked His Highness the ninth prince to bring back so many nice things. He prepared so many accessories and fabrics for Yan'er, and they were all of the best quality. I thought that he was serious about Yan'er; however, who knew that he would immediately flip after hearing that Yan'er had fallen ill."

Upon hearing these words, Lu Yan suddenly laughed and said to Ge shi: "Does mother truly believe that he only gave up on this engagement because Yan'er fell ill? How could it be so simple? The reason that this engagement failed is that it was not His Highness' desire. And the reason that he could send those things back is that he believed that it was something arranged by Noble Lady Yuan; however, who knew that the message that Noble Lady Yuan had sent South would be swapped out by someone along the way. Father supporting His Highness the ninth prince is correct because His Highness the eighth prince and Noble Lady Yuan are people that will swallow people whole. His Highness the ninth prince whipping people is something that is done openly, while His Highness the eighth prince secretly stabs people behind their backs, and he has backstabbed us."