871

She Began Missing Xuan Tian Ming…

Both of them had the surname Bai, but Bai Ze’s name was granted to him by Xuan Tian Ming later on. As for what his original name was, Feng Yu Heng truly did not know. Craftsman Bai was not ignorant of this person, but he did not have enough of an understanding. After all, that was Xuan Tian Ming’s personal guard. Even if his identity was not as secretive as a hidden guard, it was one that others would not speak about. As for Bai Fu Rong, she had only spoken to Craftsman Bai about how the two had met and how they interacted, as well as how Bai Ze had saved her. To Craftsman Bai, this person sounded quite good, but this was the person that his own daughter had chosen. He still wanted to hear Feng Yu Heng’s opinion.

Feng Yu Heng’s impression of Bai Ze was quite good; moreover, she had met that person at roughly the same time that she had first met Xuan Tian Ming. Calculating it, they could be considered old acquaintances. It was natural that she should help put in a few good words for Bai Ze, but she was not too biased. It was not to the point of blurting out nonsense. In truth, Feng Yu Heng’s words were quite simple, as she told Craftsman Bai: “Fu Rong has definitely spoken of the feelings between the two. As for Bai Ze’s character, to be able to be at His Highness the ninth prince’s side for all of these years as a personal guard, what is there that uncle is worried about?!”

Craftsman Bai nodded. That’s right, the ninth prince was the pickiest when using people. Anyone that had flaws would definitely not be able to get close to him. As Bai Ze was able to be his personal guard for all of these years, his character naturally did not need to be questioned. He said to Feng Yu Heng: “I don’t ask that the person Fu Rong marries be a noble. I just ask that they treat Fu Rong well. Normally speaking, based on Fu Rong’s identity… after all, the identity of her birth mother is rather sensitive, I was thinking of marrying her into a normal family. It would be best if they had no relation to the court. But since the two have feelings for each other, as a father, I have no intention of separating the two. Over the years, the Bai family might not be able to compare with the large families, but it does have a bit of a foundation. Fu Rong’s dowry had been prepared long ago. There are also the accessories that have been made these past few years. Thinking about it, bringing them over will ensure that she is not scorned.”

Feng Yu Heng laughed, “Uncle Bai is the best craftsman in the world. Each piece that you create is a priceless treasure. If he, Bai Ze, dares to disdain them, I will be the first to not forgive him! Uncle, don’t worry. His Highness the ninth prince already promised me that he will never take a concubine in this life, nor will he find any maidservants to make me unhappy. Bai Ze is his personal guard. If the master has made this sort of statement, I don’t believe that he will go and look for concubines. Fu Rong will not suffer if she gets married. It’s just that there is a battle in the South. I’m just worried that the wedding will need to be delayed.”

Bai Fu Rong was finally able to get a word in, quickly saying: “I’m in no rush. Your wedding is being delayed. I need to spend some more time with you. Finally managing to leave the capital, I was thinking of setting up a home here in Ji An Prefecture. If I can stay here in the future, I can also take care of my father in old age.”

Craftsman Bai turned away and wiped away a tear. He was very happy with Bai Fu Rong’s marriage. He had been in the palace for many years, and he had an understanding of the character of the princes. Among them, he held the ninth prince in the highest esteem. Even if the ninth prince was unscrupulous, the people that knew him understood that those that died at the ninth prince’s hands were all bad. His daughter was extremely fortunate. To be able to walk alongside someone at the ninth prince’s side and hearing from Feng Yu Heng that the ninth prince would not take any concubines, his subordinates were even less likely to take concubines. With this sort of promise, his daughter would definitely be happy.