909

What Did You Say? Say It Again!

Fen Dai tried to speak a few times. When she finally managed to get her voice out, what she said was: “Getting married is good. With you getting married, we can finally be considered as having severed all ties. Second sister, this contest has just begun. I will not let you down.”

Dong Ying did not know how exactly her young miss’ heart had formed but could only lament the fact that she had followed the wrong master, but her servant contract was in her hands. There was also the fifth prince behind her, providing support. She did not dare make any moves. She could only quietly hope that this young miss would succeed to allow herself to also advance in life! Otherwise, once Fen Dai failed, perhaps her ending would not be much better.

Speaking of, because of Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng’s wedding, these were not the only people that could not stay at ease because of the liveliness. The frustration on the eighth prince’s side need not be mentioned, as the matter with the jade mine forced him to report to the Board of Punishments every day. As a result of this, he missed out on a number of things. Fortunately, with the numerous families of the concubines in the imperial harem protecting him, he was not completely isolated. All of these years spent under the shadow of Imperial Concubine Yun left some of those concubines on the verge of a breakdown. Their families had also given up on them, but there was still some frustration lingering. Nobody was able to let it go, thus they were all taken in under Xuan Tian Mo’s banner.

Speaking of Imperial Concubine Yun, for the first time ever, Imperial Concubine Yun had done something. When Zhang Yuan told the Emperor of this matter, the Emperor knocked over the cup of tea that he had been drinking while reading reports. The report and his imperial robes both became wet from this, but he did not care about such things. He just stared at Zhang Yuan and asked: “What did you say? Say it again?”

Zhang Yuan was also very moved, saying with a trembling voice: “Word has come from Winter Moon Palace saying that Imperial Concubine Yun has invited to you Winter Moon Palace.”

The Emperor suddenly began crying, tears streaming down his face without any reservation. While wiping away tears, he cursed himself: “How could I be so lacking in maturity?” But the feelings of joy were hard to suppress. Standing up from the imperial throne, he stumbled out, scaring Zhang Yuan into quickly stopping him and saying: “Your Majesty, if you are to go, you need to get changed! You can’t go like this!”

“What? Are these not suitable?” The Emperor was very nervous. Looking down, he finally realized that he was still in his imperial robes. It was quite shocking! “Then what should We wear?”

Zhang Yuan pointed at the area covered in spilled tea and said: “The lower hem of your clothes are wet. Also, Your Majesty, what is your relationship with Imperial Concubine Yun?! How can you go visit her while wearing the imperial robes? How distant would that seem! If you will listen to this servant’s advice, we will return to Zhao He Hall first to get changed. First, you will appear younger. Second, it will make them feel like you are not putting on airs!”

The Emperor slapped his head. This eunuch was right! What sort of person was Yun Pian Pian? That was someone that hated imperial power the most. It was originally because he was the Emperor and that he had already taken so many imperial concubines that he ended up struggling with her for 20 years. Today, he finally managed to get an invitation into her Winter Moon Palace. If he dared to go in wearing these imperial robes, would that woman not kick him out? “Go, go!” He hurried Zhang Yuan, “Quickly, let’s go and get changed.”