961

My Wife Is Beautiful

The next day, Feng Fendai began moving. The fifth prince, Xuan Tianyan, arrived first thing in the morning to pick her up. Seeing Fendai with a child and seeing the child’s appearance, he immediately understood the situation. He said to Fendai: “Since you’ve brought him back, raise him properly. No matter what is said, he is your younger brother. Having him at your side, you will have someone to play with.”

Fendai quietly said: “I know. If he did not have at least this bit of use, what would I have brought him back for?” This was the manner of speaking that she had become accustomed to. Xuan Tianyan had also gotten used to it. Ever since the lofty prince recognized Feng Fendai, in his eyes, face was becoming less and less important with each passing day. Who knew when it started, but he knew that there was only one thing to understand to get along with Feng Fendai: To get the person, give up on saving face. To maintain face, give up on getting the person.

Looking again at Fendai, she had said some pretty cold things, but she continued to hold tightly to the young child. When they stepped over the door sill, she bent over to help lift the corner of the child’s robes, fearing that he would trip over them. Xuan Tianyan knew that regardless of how Fendai treated him, she would be sincere with this child.

Being sincere was good. What he feared was that this girl would lose faith in everyone and everything. In the end, she would end up on some road to ruin that he would not even be able to drag her back from. But if she had a younger brother at her side, it was possible that her heart could slowly soften, and she would change at least a little.

Leaving the Feng residence, everything was packed onto the carriage. Feng Fendai turned around and glanced at the sign hanging above the gate. Feeling a sudden pinch in her chest, a pain suddenly shot through her body. “Take down the sign and smash it!” She said to He Zhong: “From this day forward, the capital will no longer have a Feng residence.”

With Feng Fendai’s words, the Feng residence vanished from the capital without a trace.

The new residence was not far from the Li Palace. It was just a street away at the end of a small road. It was an extremely exquisite location. Xuan Tianyan had not told Fendai about it. This residence was one that he had originally bought for that person then personally took care of furnishing it. He had fantasized about bringing that person out of the palace and into this residence. Unfortunately, fantasy could only stay a fantasy. When Fendai brought up wanting to move, he immediately thought of this place.

This residence was not large, as it was just a two-division residence; however, it was a bit similar to Feng Yuheng’s imperial daughter’s manor. Inside, it had a Jiang Nan style, and there was a small bridge over some flowing water. Even in winter, there were still some signs of life.

Fendai immediately fell in love with this place and asked her younger brother: “Xiao Bao, do you like this place?”

The young child nodded: “Yes, Xiao Bao likes this place.”

Fendai was extremely happy and tilted her head to say to Xuan Tianyan: “Listen, even Xiao Bao said that he likes this. You’ve really done quite well on this.”

Xuan Tianyan laughed and replied: “If you two like it, that’s good. It’s not a waste of my consideration.”

Once this was said, Fendai heard it as Xuan Tianyan having specifically prepared this residence for her, and she could not help but rejoice. However, who knew that Xuan Tianyan was currently looking at her and seeing that person’s image from back then. It was as though that woman had entered this residence and was going all around. From time to time, she would turn back and say to him: “Yan, this place is so beautiful. I really like this place.” This was a dream that he had been seeing for many years. Unfortunately, it could never become a reality. Today, however, Fendai’s appearance here allowed him to see this difficult-to-realize dream. Xuan Tianyan thought to himself that he would just go with this girl’s wilfulness! He would just think of her as that person. In just an instant, he was able to fill his heart.