921

One Went Crazy

In this world, the person that Noble Lady Li cared most about was not the Emperor. Instead, it was her son, the sixth prince, Xuan Tian Feng. When she had been younger, she had tried some things to earn favor, but it was not simply for the sake of obtaining the Emperor’s favor. Instead, it was for the sake of having the Emperor’s blessing to ensure that she did not suffer too much bullying in the harem. Later on, she had a son, and all of her affection was turned toward her son. In addition to this, after Imperial Concubine Yun’s appearance in the palace, the Emperor no longer visited the imperial harem, thus her feeling grew even fainter.

The sixth prince was her treasure, and he was a filial child. He was well-read and very studious. She had once had great hopes for that child, and the support that she had sought from the Emperor to not be bullied in the imperial harem was now sought from the sixth prince. Unfortunately, the sixth prince, while indeed filial to his birth mother, was fully devoted to his books and had absolutely no desire to be distracted from them. Later on, when he had been pushed to the brink, he simply fled to be stationed at the border, which caused Noble Lady Li to feel quite displeased.

Now that she heard Feng Fen Dai suddenly mention her son, she could not help but be startled! Being locked up in Jing Si Palace meant that it was very difficult to see anyone else. The sixth prince was permitted to enter to speak, but he did not visit frequently. She fell silent for a while and asked her palace maid: “How long has it been since His Highness the sixth prince last came here?”

It was clear that the palace maid knew something. Glaring at Feng Fen Dai, her gaze was filled with complaints. Following this, she helplessly replied to Noble Lady Li: “It has been a few months.”

“A few months…” Noble Lady Li’s brow was furrowed tightly, as a bad feeling washed over her.

The palace maid quickly advised: “Noble lady, don’t take it to heart. Even for His Highness the sixth prince, Jing Si Palace is not a place that can be visited often; moreover, His Highness still has rights to command an army and has many things to do. As this servant sees it… he should have returned to the Northeast’s military camp to take care of matters.”

Noble Lady Li did not believe it. If he had only returned to his military camp, Feng Fen Dai would not have deliberately come over here to say those strange things. She looked at Feng Fen Dai and directly asked: “What do you want to say?”

The corners of Fen Dai’s lips curled up, as she began to laugh with some dissatisfaction, “Noble lady, how is it that you aren’t even clear on what your own son is doing?” She glared at the palace maid then very rudely said: “When the master asks a question, you should respond directly, yet a servant like you doesn’t just hide the truth, you’re actually deceiving her. What sort of crime do you think that is?”

The palace maid had been filled with anger by Feng Fen Dai, but she could not vent it. The Feng family had fallen, but Feng Fen Dai still had her engagement to the fifth prince as his official princess. With this, it was very possible that with any small misstep, a misunderstanding would occur between the fifth prince and the sixth prince. She did not want such a thing to happen, thus she could only kneel and admit her crime: “This servant was wrong. Would Noble Lady please hand down punishment.”

Noble Lady Li was also filled with anger but could not vent it on Feng Fen Dai, thus she could only vent on her own servant. Seeing the palace maid kneel to admit her mistake, she swung a slap at her: “Speak! What exactly is going on!”