Meanwhile...(Chapter 34)

David's POV:

The hardest thing that happened to me today was leaving y/n's side. In those last few seconds I had staring into those worried but beautiful y/e/c eyes, something nagged me that I wasn't going to see her for a while. But before I could say anything Leo was calling orders to everyone and I knew my time with her was short. So with a final peck on the nose, I always found the way she blushed when I did that cute, I looked at her lovingly. With a shoulder of the bag, I walked off with Nico and Zion. They didn't seem any happier than I was about confronting a random spirit that happens to know how to free Nike. 

"Ok, any ideas?" I cluelessly asked. 

Nico shrugged, "I don't sence death in this area, not for a long shot. There are forests though, maybe the spirit we are looking for is a nature spirit?"

"We are in a park, but the nature here doesn't seem wild or old enough to know such things. Perhaps we try hiking further up there." Zion suggested, pointing toward the foothills that were to far away to go to on foot.

"Sounds reasonable, but how are we getting there?" I questioned. "I don't think I can fly all three of us up there." 

"I've got nothing so don't bother asking me." Zion grunted annoyedly.

I turned to Nico and immediately regretted it. Plastered on his face was a sinister grin, with a wild glint in his eyes. "How do you guys feel about shadow traveling?"

/————-/

If you don't mind cold, dark, eerie places than I recommend shadow traveling. It was really creepy at first like in a 'oh my gods where am I' sort of way. But that feeling was soon replaced by the sensation of adrenaline and adventure. 

Then suddenly there was a pulling sensation and I suddenly found myself under the shade of a tree, by my side was Zion and Nico. Nico looked a little tired like that little trip sucked a ton of energy out of him. Zion looked pale and queasy. Oh yeah, he didn't like cold, dark, or eerie places. Poor guy.

"We can take a quick rest before we start our search." I suggested. Nico and Zion didn't disagree. 

I took off my pack and dug around for the ambrosia squares y/n gave to me. Once I found them I broke a tiny corner off and offered it to Nico. 

He shook his head, "I'm fine, don't waist any on me, we might need it for later. I'm ok." He says drowsily. 

Obviously I'm not going to let Nico go on sleepy, it's no good for anybody. So I offered again, "Just take it. You obviously need it and it's no good if your to tired to walk." So with that I quickly put it in his alarmingly cold hand before he could protest. 

Satisfied seeing Nico accept the ambrosia, I walked over to Zion. 

"Hey man, any ideas in mind?"

No response.

"Zion?"

Still no response.

He seemed to be staring into the stream, eyes full of longing. 

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked, waving a hand infront of his face. 

That seemed to snap him out of his daze. "Hm? Oh yeah I'm fine. I'm just thinking of someone."

I blinked, "Wait, you have a girlfriend?"

He nodded.

"Woah woah woah...you had a girlfriend and you never told me?! Bruh! Who? How long?" Of coarse after I said this I felt hypocritical.