We go up Washington's Nose (Chapter 40)

Three hours! It took three freak'n hours for seven demigods to hike up Mt. Rushmore. Well, there were a couple set backs. 

You guys got lost a couple times and Zion would find a squirrel to ask for directions. Surprisingly squirrels gave really good directions. And here was a lot of squirrels. A lot. 

That and Leo and David wanted a couple breaks, and Nico needed a couple breaks. 

But now you were currently standing at the top of The founding fathers' head. Looking for any entrance there may be. Your feet were really sore from hiking, if only you could get off them...

Idea! You called David over. 

"Did you find something?"

"No. I just need a more...aerial point of view on this. Help me out?"

"Sure, perhaps then we can find something."

So with that, you tightly clung onto David's back, wrapping your arms around his back. He made sure you you secure and ready before summoning the winds. 

You guys started to circle around the founding fathers's heads like a giant pesky fly. The thought of it almost made you laugh. At least it's only four heads and not four sets of fly swatters.

After circling around for the fifth time, you caught movement out of the corner of your eye. Suddenly, it appeared to look like Gorge Washington was sneezing a flock of pigeons. But when you looked closer, you recognized the 'pigeons' to be a flock of those crazy man eating birds. That meant they came out of an entrance in the nostrils...

1. Gross

2. How are we all going to get in there? These thoughts clouded your head, you didn't realize that David was descending. 

"Did you see those?" David asked you.

You blinked, "yeah, did you see them coming from Washington's nose?"

"Wish I didn't."

"Let's tell the others." 

"Ok." He turned to everyone else's direction. "Hey! We found something!" 

After filling everyone in on what you observed, Jaguar looked somewhere in between laughing and puking.

"Woah! Wait..wait. Wait! Your telling me that we have to climb up the first president's nose?!"

"Yep."

"So we have to make a very, very dangerous climb, way high up off the ground, potentially asking for death, just to get up into a nose? Gods is this what my life has come to? I can already see it now! R.I.P Jaguar, who had died foolishly falling out of a giant nose."

Leo snorted. "I have to say I'm with you on this one. I'd rather not die, flailing my arms, as I fall out of someone's nose."

"How about I give some of you a ride then?" David volunteered.

"But then your transporting six people over there, you'll drain yourself!" You argued.

"Hey, I can help to, satyrs are expert climbers! I can carry three and David can carry three." Contributed Zion.

"Sounds good to me." David agreed.

So with that, David carried you first, while Zion carried b/f/n. Poor b/f/n looked so pasty, that she looked like she would throw up any second. Clinging to a satyr for dear life while climbing must be frightening enough to make Nike's daughter sick.

David then came back with Leo, while Zion carried Jaguar, Jaguar looked like she did throw up while Leo looked as if flying was second nature. Probably taken plenty of rides from Jason. And Festus. 

When she finally touched the ground next to the exit, Jaguar fainted. Must've not been a real fan of heights it appears to be.

Nico suddenly appeared next to you. Oh yeah, he could just shadow travel. Seriously he needs to take it easy! He needs his strength. 

"Climb up Washington' nose? Check." You proceeded to check off on an imaginary list. 

Jaguar groaned. "And we have to make sure she is in good enough state." You say indicating to the fainted girl.

After a few minutes, Jaguar woke up in a fit of groans and wriggles. You were getting so racked up, you wanted her to groan less and wake faster. 

"Jaguar, are you ok?" B/f/n asks.

"Nope, I'm never ok. Am I functional? Yes, I am. Let's go." She hastily says, obviously wanting the subject to change.

You nodded, "Ok, keep your eyes peeled for any sight of movements. Stick with your buddy. Things are going to get even hairier then usual."