Chapter 15

Katana's POV

A few days had passed since I tried to drown myself. The Task Force thought that Misa was the best person to watch me for the night, considering how much work they always had with the case. It was getting pretty hard to hide how annoyed I was with Misa. I hate how positive and outgoing she is. She thought I couldn't do anything on my own and treated me like a baby! I knew I was only 6 years old, but I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself!

I sat at my desk, drawing as usual. It was one of my only hobbies and my favorite thing to do whenever I wasn't hurting myself in some way, shape, or form. I worked on a sketch of Zero that I had been doing for about a month. Misa peered over my shoulder the whole time, which creeped me out a bit. The longer she stared at me, the more paranoid I became.

"That drawing looks kinda scary." she said. "Do you like all this dark stuff?"

I didn't respond. Honestly, she was getting on every one of my nerves.

"Don't most kids your age draw things like rainbows and butterflies?" she asked. I had to say something this time. Stereotypes were the one thing that angered me the most.

"Who cares what other kids draw?" I mumbled. "I know I'm not the only one with an imaginary friend."

I was so mad at myself for saying that. I damn well knew Zero wasn't imaginary. My schizophrenia was a believable excuse for seeing him, but imaginary friends?! She's just like Linda to think that!!!

The thought of Linda only made everything worse. I could almost feel the constant pain she caused; the sting on my face that would last for hours, the blood dripping from my nose after taking every punch she threw at me.

Of course, what a beautiful time for PTSD to kick in. My body began shaking uncontrollably and tears spilled from my eyes. I felt Misa put her hand on my back. "Does something hurt? What happened, do we need to get L?"

I felt a mix of emotions, but only anger filled my mind. I forcefully shoved Misa to the ground.

"YOU JUST CAN'T LEARN TO LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE, CAN YOU?! I'M SICK OF YOU TRYING TO INTERFERE WITH MY LIFE! DID I EVER ASK FOR ANYONE TO WATCH MY EVERY MOVE 24 HOURS A DAY?! NO! WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY GET IT?!"

I tried to control my breathing as I collected my thoughts. Misa sat on the ground with her eyes wide and jaw dropped. Clearly, she had no idea what to say. Suddenly, I heard an outburst of maniacal laughter from behind me. Turning around, I saw Zero laughing like there was no tomorrow. Once his insane laugh attack ended, he looked at me and smiled.

"Humans..." he whispered, "...are so interesting..."