Chapter 31

I woke up only to realize I was being spooned by Okami. He's done so many cute things over the years, but this was by far the most adorable. I realized he was still asleep and stayed in the same position, not wanting to wake him up. As minutes passed, I began zoning out.

"What do you think you're doing?"

A stern voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I sighed, realizing it was only Mello. He had a look on his face that appeared to be a mix of angry and concerned. "Listen, I don't have the energy to put up with your overprotective shit..." I replied.

Mello's eyes widened. "You learned that language from HIM, didn't you?!" he shouted. I glared at him, telling him to quiet down.

"You let me swear when I was only five years old, and now that I'm older and I have a boyfriend, it's suddenly a problem?" I snapped. "Besides, I learned most of those words from you."

"Tch... whatever..."

"Someone's becoming a tsundere, huh?" I teased. Mello sighed and shook his head.

"What am I going to do with you..." he muttered under his breath. He then looked me in the eye, his attitude changing completely.

"Listen, I just don't want you to grow up." Mello explained. "I miss the little girl that used to cling to me. The one who refused to do anything if it wasn't with the three of us. Where'd my little jellybean go?"

I blushed a little bit hearing my old nickname. Jellybean. I had completely forgotten about it. The more I thought about it, the more guilty I felt. Ever since I left Wammy's House, I hardly thought of my old friends. My alias had taken over me and I forgot my old life. I got up and hugged Mello. "I'm so sorry..." I said, choking back a few sobs.

"It's okay, Kat..." he mumbled. We sat in silence for a while, not breaking the hug at all.

Mello finally spoke."Katana, I understand that you want to live a happy life. Just please-"

A voice from behind us cut him off...

"I'm sorry, who's this 'Katana'?"