Chapter 17

Katana's POV

I was sitting in my room talking to Zero when I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I said.

Watari opened the door and looked down at me. "L has asked me to inform you of a few things." he said before taking a seat next to me on my bed. "Alright." I responded.

He cleared his throat. "First off, as of next month, you will be attending school."

My eyes lit up. "You mean a real school?" I asked. "With real students and real teachers?"

He chuckled at my reaction. "Yes, dear."

I smiled at the thought of actually going to school. For the past year, Watari had been homeschooling me, and I always hoped I would get the chance to go to a real school. It would be a pretty good distraction from all my dark thoughts. Then again, I promised that Zero would succeed, so I couldn't get my hopes up or try to fit in.

"Before I give you the rest of the news," Watari said, "I will warn you that you might not appreciate it too much, so please do not get angry."

I nodded and waited for him to go on. "You must pose as Light and Misa's child in order to enroll you into school, and for the sake of the investigation." he told me.

I sighed in disgust. Misa was annoying enough in the first place, there's no way I would be able to handle her pretending to be my mom! But I don't have much of a choice. L wants me to do this, I have to.

"Fine with me." I said. "If it'll help L, I'll do it."

Watari thanked me and left. God, I'm going to hate this so much...