Chapter 37

The day had arrived that the Task Force would be here. Near and I sat in the warehouse with two other people waiting for them. We heard a door creak open. Finally.

"Katana, is that you?" Matsuda asked. I nodded in response. "Oh my god, you're all... grown up now..." he said. I was kinda weirded out as to why he was acting like Light used to, but I just went along with it.

We all sat in silence for a while before Near took off his mask. He began discussing his progress in the investigation, exposing Light as Kira. I actually began to cry. I didn't want him to be Kira, but it looked like fate ran another course...

Light bursted out in laughter, scaring me half to death. I backed into a wall, actually terrified. Light turned to us with a sinister look.

"That's right... I am Kira..."

I froze when I heard his words. Even Light himself was admitting to being Kira. "No, no, you liar!" I shouted as my voice cracked. "You can't be Kira, it isn't true!"

Light carried on as if he didn't hear me.

"And what can you do? Kill me right here?"

I fell to my knees and broke down into tears. Matsuda and Aizawa came to my side and comforted me. Light ranted on about everything. Matsuda looked angrier than ever and ran up to Light. I closed my eyes and heard a gunshot.

I slowly opened my eyes. The whole room went silent. I walked up to Light's body and held him, the way he held L at his death. "It's all just a nightmare..." I said, my words echoing through the room. "None of this happened, I'm still dead, this is all a dream.."

My sobs and hiccups continued to fill the room as the Task Force and Near tried to comfort me.

Finally. Kira had been put to justice.

(I know it was short, but I actually cried while writing this chapter so send help)