five

"mom!" chanyeol shouted as soon as he arrived home.

"what is it, chan?"

chanyeol kicked his shoes away and ran his hand through his hair.

"when I beat somebody up and this person isn't hurt afterwards-
how do you explain this?"

"does this person have bruises?"

"yeah, but they don't hurt."

his mother smiled.

"you've probably found your soulmate then. soulmates can't hurt each other."

chanyeol shook his head.

"no, that's not possible. soulmates are supposed to love each other more than normal humans could ever do and they depend on each other."

how could baekhyun be his soulmate?
like... no.
impossible.
moreover chanyeol didn't like boys. so how could his soulmate be a boy.

"I didn't like your dad either when we met each other for the first time. he was stupid and reckless and he annoyed me. but the bond becomes stronger every day until it's confirmed on your seventeenth birthday. I hope that your soulmate won't make this time too hard for you. you're the exeque (the word will be explained later but it's basically the person who has to find their soulmate), the searching person so it would affect you more than your soulmate."

chanyeol wasn't able to believe the words which came out of his mother's mouth.

"but... no. he can't be my soulmate."

his mother patted his shoulder.

"don't worry. it's not necessarily him. but in case that it's him... don't be afraid. you won't be able to fight the power of the bond anyway. and if it's your soulmate, you won't even mind it."

"I'll go to my room. I have to think about that."

his mother nodded and left him alone. chanyeol went up the stairs and threw himself on his bed.
baekhyun couldn't be his soulmate. it didn't make any sense. but now that he thought about it-
nothing really made sense since baekhyun had appeared.
chanyeol had to admit that he somehow liked having baekhyun around although he could be very annoying.
he also liked touching him.
somehow.
but still... just no.

meanwhile baekhyun was pacing up and down in his living room.
he ran his fingers through his hair and let out a sigh.
he sighed quite a lot lately.
he knew that he should better rest but he just couldn't. he could only think about the bruises. bruises that didn't hurt. that was so weird.
he grabbed his phone from the table next to him and opened the google app. he wouldn't do as chanyeol had told him but do some research. he could rest while doing that. he sat down on the sofa and put a blanket over his legs.
what should he type in?
he found some websites but not even a single one described the situation he was in.

he gave up about two hours later and went into the kitchen to drink a cup of tea. he took a few sips of the hot beverage when he noticed something. the areas chanyeol had punched didn't hurt. but his back which had only been indirectly hurt by him did. the ground had practically hurt him and he felt pain.
but when chanyeol tried to hurt him nothing happened. he took another sip while trying to understand what he had just realized. he didn't believe in magic or any stupid stuff like that. all those things had to be a weird coincidence. he decided to take a nap and stop thinking about it.

"baekhyun! are you okay? how are you? are you hurt? suho told me what happened" xiumin shouted when baekhyun came into the homeroom the next day.

he ran over to him with a worried face. baekhyun snickered.