seven

"mr. park, you're late. again."

baekhyun lifted his head when his history teacher said those words. chanyeol looked like he had been running because his hair was all messed up and he was panting a little.

"sorry" he muttered and sat down on his seat which happened to be next to baekhyun's since the only empty seat had been the one in the back next to chanyeol.

and baekhyun didn't really like that.
first things first: he didn't like chanyeol.
second: he felt embarrassed for what he had done yesterday.

it had been the only chance to get rid of chanyeol but still. moreover the most embarrassing thing wasn't touching the boy next to him like that. it was that it hadn't even felt that bad. more like something he could do more often.

"what is it, baekhyun? no kinky behavior like yesterday?" chanyeol whispered after seeing the older's shy attitude he wasn't used to.

baekhyun's cheeks reddened which chanyeol found cute but it's not like he'd ever admit that. he still managed to reply in a sassy tone.

"you wish. this special service is only available once a week."

chanyeol smirked.

"oh really? and I'm not special enough to be an exception?"

baekhyun gave him a disgusted look.

"no. definitely not."

chanyeol pretended to be hurt.

"you're so rude."

the brown haired boy ignored him and paid attention to the teacher again. who was unfortunately talking about a group work. and each group was formed by two seatmates.
great.
really nice.
it seemed like baekhyun was stuck with this pretty but annoying boy forever.
what had he done wrong that his karma was like this?
he didn't know it.
the teacher handed out paper snippets with the different topics and he got one with "colonization" written on it. chanyeol leaned in and baekhyun's breath immediately hitched.

"what is the topic?"

baekhyun gave him the snippet and waited until he had read the word on it.

"nah, come on" the tall boy groaned and dramatically sighed.

"you'll survive it. don't be such a drama queen" baekhyun said in a sarcastic and a little annoyed way.

"you have three weeks to work on your project. you can choose in which way you want to present it. it can be a video clip, a presentation or anything else as long as you make your audience understand your subject. work hard, the project is important for your final grade."

baekhyun nodded absent-mindedly while taking some notes. while chanyeol was busy being annoyed. all the students left the room after the teacher had dismissed class. baekhyun met suho in front of it because they had geography now. they waited for the teacher to come and baekhyun saw chanyeol talking to kyungsoo and another boy he didn't know. as soon as kyungsoo saw him he called his name and came over.

"hey, baekhyun! it's so nice to see you again. do you also have geography now?"

the said boy smiled and nodded.

"we could sit next to each other if it's possible" kyungsoo said.

"chanyeol and lay asked me if I want to sit with them but we can still sit next to each other, right? those two are very nice."

baekhyun forced a smile.

"yeah, sure."

he looked at suho, silently asking for help.