twenty-nine

chanyeol woke up due to the sunlight shining through his room's window. he yawned and stretched his arms before stealing a glance at baekhyun who was still sleeping on the mattress while hugging his blanket cutely.

the raven haired boy couldn't help but smile.

baekhyun's cuteness was just too much to handle although the said boy always said it wasn't true.

which was false.

of course.

it took some time until baekhyun woke up but chanyeol didn't mind studying his beautiful features without anyone interrupting him to be honest.

the brown haired boy rubbed his eyes and yawned which caused chanyeol's heart to jump a little because he looked like a kitten.
he really didn't mean to but he absolutely couldn't help it.

"morning" chanyeol said and baekhyun blinked a few times until his eyes were adjusted to the bright light.

"morning" he answered then.

"have you slept well?"

baekhyun nodded.

"I slept very well actually. I haven't really been able to sleep for a while, so I was pretty tired."

chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

"why didn't you sleep well?"

the brown haired boy shrugged.

"had a lot of things on my mind, I guess."

chanyeol immediately felt guilty and gulped.

"oh."

"hm" was the only thing baekhyun replied.

luckily, doctor somg and a nurse came into the room a little while later to interrupt the silence between them.
baekhyun had to stay outside while they were making a few check-ups.

"you can move to a regular unit today. if you feel better soon, you can go home" doctor song said and chanyeol sighed in relief.

the nurse and the doctor were nice but he wanted to go home.
he wanted to see his mom and dad.
and he really needed to talk to baekhyun.
chanyeol was brought to a new room and he could finally talk to his mother who had been worried sick about her son, so she was very happy to see him being okay. she also encouraged him to make up with baekhyun.

"it's important that you two talk to each other. you're only so well by now because he came here, stayed with you and admitted his feelings for you. you two are meant to be. no doubts."

"but-"

"no buts either. talk to him. it will be fine."

chanyeol sighed.

"okay. fine."

his mother smiled and stroked his hair.

"I'm so happy that you're okay. I really thought you wouldn't make it because baekhyun hesitated for quite some time when I called him to come here. but he's a responsible boy and I feel bad for doubting his strength. you've made a really good choice, chanyeol."

"mom, I didn't choose him. one can't decide who's one's soulmate."

mrs. park laughed.

"still, he's a good boy."

"of course he is."

chanyeol's mother glanced at her watch.

"I talked to doctor song by the way. you can go home tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."