fifteen

chanyeol groaned when baekhyun woke him up the next morning. his head hurt like hell and getting up was the last thing he wanted to do.

"come on, chanyeol. it's almost eleven o'clock and I made breakfast."

chanyeol's stomach growled as baekhyun mentioned food and he slowly got up from the sofa while blinking a few times until his eyes were adjusted to the light.

"hmm... okay..." he muttered and followed baekhyun to the kitchen.

the two boys hungrily ate the oatmeal baekhyun had prepared since he liked the one suho had made so much and did the dishes after that.

"so. and now we have to talk."

chanyeol sighed and took a seat at the kitchen table again.

"I guess."

"okay, good. what happened to you after I left the party yesterday? you probably don't remember everything but you came here in the middle of the night and you were pretty drunk. more than at the party. much more. and you looked like someone had beaten you up. I took care of your wounds and bruises and let you sleep here."

chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair and tried to remember the events of the last night.

"I think... after you had left I had a few more drinks. and someone... I don't exactly know how it happened but someone said something which made me angry. I guess I beat him up but I didn't get away without being hurt."

baekhyun shook his head in frustration.

"you should really stop getting into trouble all the time. it's not good for you."

"I didn't do it on purpose, okay? I was drunk."

"you almost threw up in my hallway. so I know" baekhyun replied in a sassy tone and folded his arms over his chest.

"of course you do. anything else happened that I should know about? did I cause you trouble?"

"not really but..."

baekhyun bit his lip, not sure whether he should continue talking.
should he tell chanyeol about the kiss?
it would probably be better to make some things clear but it would also be very awkward.
and moreover, they had been drunk so it didn't really count, right?

"but what? what is it?"

"nothing. it's not important."

"and why would you mention it then? when it's not important?"

"I said it without really thinking."

chanyeol placed his elbows on the table.

"tell me. you know that I won't leave you alone until you've said it."

baekhyun let out a deep sigh.

"I guess you don't remember but... you kissed me at the party. we were both a little drunk so-"

"but we... we didn't do more than kissing, right? I really can't remember."

chanyeol hoped baekhyun wouldn't recognize that he was lying because he was a very, very bad liar.
it was not like he was able to forget kissing baekhyun.
no matter how drunk he was.
he remembered everything.

baekhyun's cheeks reddened and he shook his head.

"no, no. nothing else happened."

he stayed silent for a few seconds and thought about what he should say next.

"but I... okay, this is awkward."

baekhyun stared at his folded hands in order to prevent looking at chanyeol. the words suddenly left his mouth without him thinking about what he was saying.