thirty

"it... it's not... I can't be your soulmate" baekhyun finally managed to say after leaving the bathroom.

his mind was going crazy, he was overwhelmed and he couldn't believe what chanyeol had just told him.

"it's you" chanyeol simply said and gave the brown haired boy a small smile.

baekhyun shook his head several times.

"no, no, no. it's simply not possible. I'm not special, I'm just an average teenage boy with a weird sense if humour. you have to be wrong."

"baek, I'm also just an average teenage boy. yes, I'm an exeque which makes my life a little different concerning the way I love but that's basically all."

chanyeol reached out his hand and baekhyun hesitantly grabbed it.

"are you really sure?"

the raven haired boy nodded.

"100% sure. I was hesitant at first, too, but I talked to my mother and we came to the conclusion that it has to be true. there's no doubt."

baekhyun slowly nodded and sat down on the chair trying to process everything.
there was a warm feeling inside of him, as if one saw the first blossoms after a long and cold winter.
he felt completed.
suddenly, a question popped up inside of his head.

"does kyungsoo know about exeques? he basically forced me to go to the hospital after I had told him about the accident."

chanyeol nodded.

"he obviously does, yes. he called me while you were gone earlier and we had a long conversation about the whole topic. he admitted that he has done a lot of things on purpose in order to make me jealous like clinging onto you and stuff like that... he does like you a lot but as a friend. he just noticed that we'd never ever find each other if we both refuse to admit our feelings for each other, so he decided to provoke us a little."

he chuckled and baekhyun looked at him in disbelief.

"so what you mean is that he knew everything before we knew?"

"well, he didn't really know it. but he made the right guess."

baekhyun covered his face with his hands.

"oh my god, I can't believe it. this is a little too much to handle for me right now."

chanyeol patted his head.

"don't worry about it, you'll need some time to get used to everything but I would never pressure you. take your time."

"thank you" the brown haired boy answered.

"stop being so cute, you know that it makes me weak."

baekhyun pouted, not realizing that he made it even worse.
chanyeol covered his face with a pillow.

"hey, stop it!"

baekhyun grabbed the pillow and gave him puppy eyes.

"I said stop it" chanyeol whined but baekhyun had too much fun teasing him.
"stop it or I'll kiss you" the raven haired boy suddenly said and baekhyun froze for a second.

but he soon got his self control back.

"but that wouldn't be a punishment, right?"

"I forgot how salty you are" chanyeol replied, grabbed the cloth of his soulmate's hoodie and pulled him in for a kiss.

the said boy was in shock but he started kissing the tall boy back almost immediately.

he had missed him so much, he felt like his heart was about to explode.
his whole body was filled with this comfortable, warm feeling as their lips moved in sync and he wrapped his arms around chanyeol's neck while chanyeol placed his hands on the smaller's waist.