twenty-two

"baekhyun" someone whispered into the boy's ear but he only moved to the other side and pulled the blanket over his head.

chanyeol sighed and nudged his side.

"come on, get up."

baekhyun muttered something that didn't sound nice at all.

"what the heck is it? and what time is it even?"

"I wanna go outside with you"

chanyeol answered.

"and it's 1:47 in the morning to be exact."

baekhyun threw his pillow at him.

"are you crazy?"

he couldn't see the tall boy's face but he was still able to see him shrug.

"maybe. are you coming or not?"

"it's freaking cold outside!" the brown haired boy whisper-shouted because he didn't want to wake up kyungsoo and ask what the hell they were doing.

chanyeol didn't say anything so he got out of bed and quickly changed into skinny jeans, a hoodie and his coat.
baekhyun and chanyeol sneaked out of the room and silently walked through the dim lit corridors until the reached the main entrance.
the lady at the reception desk luckily didn't notice them because she was too busy painting her nails.

who the hell painted his nails at two in the morning?

the two boys left the hotel and walked down the dark road. only a few other people were outside, talking or drinking but chanyeol didn't pay attention to them at all.
instead he grabbed the smaller's hand and continued walking towards god-knows-where.

baekhyun wondered why he wasn't afraid.

he was outside in the middle of the night, in a city he barely knew.
and last but not least with a guy he should better stay away from.
all these things should be enough to run away screaming but...

he wasn't afraid.
not even a little bit.

he was too focused on the warmth that radiated from chanyeol's hand in his and the wonderful calming atmosphere of busan at night.

"where are we going?" he dared to ask after a few minutes of walking.

but chanyeol only smiled and answered "it's a surprise".

"oh... but I want to know!"

the tall boy ruffled his already messy hair and laughed.

"you have to be patient. but don't worry, you'll know soon. we just have to keep going a little more."

baekhyun nodded and picked up the pace to reach the place chanyeol wanted to go to faster.

"I told you to be patient! not to hurry like crazy."

"oh, okay."

the brown haired boy slowed down a bit and tried his best to stop his feet from wanting to run.
chanyeol turned left when the two boys reached an intersection.
there were more people now but compared to the city at day it was not really full. just a few couples or groups of friends.
chanyeol stopped in front of a huge building and told baekhyun to wait while he was looking for the keys in his pockets.
baekhyun couldn't believe what he was seeing.

what did chanyeol want to do?

and how the heck had he gotten the keys for this place?

the tall boy smiled at the older's confusion, opened the door after he had finally found the keys and waited for baekhyun to step in.